Missing 2 digits on product key sticker

Clint

Missing 2 digits on product key sticker
I bought a retail of Windows Vista Ultimate from Newegg. Part of the product
key sticker is ripped off and I'm missing the last 2 digits. I don't even
know how to contact MS support because they ask for a PID and I can't find
that on the box or anything. All I have is the disks, Certificate of
Authenticity, and the product key with 2 missing digits. What do I do?
Mick Murphy

RE: Missing 2 digits on product key sticker
Take it back to where you bought it, pronto!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Clint" wrote:

> I bought a retail of Windows Vista Ultimate from Newegg. Part of the product
> key sticker is ripped off and I'm missing the last 2 digits. I don't even
> know how to contact MS support because they ask for a PID and I can't find
> that on the box or anything. All I have is the disks, Certificate of
> Authenticity, and the product key with 2 missing digits. What do I do?

Clint

RE: Missing 2 digits on product key sticker
Well I got it online so it shipped to me, and Newegg doesn't take software
returns.
I did find the "Windows Vista Validation Issues" site
(http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/...1004&SiteID=25)
so I'll see what they say first.

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Take it back to where you bought it, pronto!
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Mick Murphy

RE: Missing 2 digits on product key sticker
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/326246/en-gb

Clint; the above is for lost, damaged, etc software.

Hope it helps you.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Clint" wrote:

> Well I got it online so it shipped to me, and Newegg doesn't take software
> returns.
> I did find the "Windows Vista Validation Issues" site
> (http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/...1004&SiteID=25)
> so I'll see what they say first.
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
> > Take it back to where you bought it, pronto!
> > --
> > Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Rick Rogers

Re: Missing 2 digits on product key sticker
Hi,

Contact Newegg and tell them the package is damaged and that you did not
recieve a full Product key. They need to replace it. If they do not, then
contact your credit card company and have the payment withheld.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Clint" <Clint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Well I got it online so it shipped to me, and Newegg doesn't take software
> returns.
> I did find the "Windows Vista Validation Issues" site
> (http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/...1004&SiteID=25)
> so I'll see what they say first.
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
>> Take it back to where you bought it, pronto!
>> --
>> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Bruce Chambers

Clint wrote:
> I bought a retail of Windows Vista Ultimate from Newegg. Part of the product
> key sticker is ripped off and I'm missing the last 2 digits. I don't even
> know how to contact MS support because they ask for a PID and I can't find
> that on the box or anything. All I have is the disks, Certificate of
> Authenticity, and the product key with 2 missing digits. What do I do?

Contact NewEgg and arrange exchange your purchase for one in an
undamaged package.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Bruce Chambers

Clint wrote:
> Well I got it online so it shipped to me, and Newegg doesn't take software
> returns.

They sent you damaged goods. It's their responsibility to make good on
your purchase, not Microsoft's.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
John Barnes

Re: Missing 2 digits on product key sticker
The key is inside the hard plastic case. If it is damaged it was Microsoft
that damaged it.
That said, NewEgg is top notch at handling RMA's

> Clint wrote:
>> Well I got it online so it shipped to me, and Newegg doesn't take
>> software returns.

> They sent you damaged goods. It's their responsibility to make good on
> your purchase, not Microsoft's.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:

> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand
> Russell

> killed a great many philosophers.
> ~ Denis Diderot

Bruce Chambers

John Barnes wrote:
> The key is inside the hard plastic case. If it is damaged it was
> Microsoft that damaged it.

Ah! Thanks for enlightening me. (I haven't purchased a retail package
in years.)

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
johnsonnn

RE: Missing 2 digits on product key sticker

--
you have to do guess the last 2 alfa-numeric digit of you Windows Vista
Product key