AVG

=?Utf-8?B?TmFkaW5l?=

AVG
Hi There,
I have just finished the upgrade from XP home to Vista Premium home and of
course running into some bugs. AVG did not transfer over, which i understand
may be due to some compatability issues but when i try to uninstall, it goes
through the entire process, tells me its uninstalled and then it not only
remains on the list of programs but also fully functions. Can anyone help
here?
Jerry Wong

Re: AVG
It runs properly in my Vista Home Basic (AVG7.5)

--
Jerry Wong

http://www.geocities.com/jerrywong.geo
但我*抪茈L的應許、 盼望新天新地,有義居在其中。(彼後3:13)
But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to
new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)
"Nadine" <Nadine@discussions.microsoft.com> 撰寫於郵件新聞:BF0C63C1-E3F4-41E9-BC8F-6FBEDC0DC097@microsoft.com...
> Hi There,
> I have just finished the upgrade from XP home to Vista Premium home and of
> course running into some bugs. AVG did not transfer over, which i
> understand
> may be due to some compatability issues but when i try to uninstall, it
> goes
> through the entire process, tells me its uninstalled and then it not only
> remains on the list of programs but also fully functions. Can anyone help
> here?

Daze N. Knights

Re: AVG
Maybe try reinstalling version 7.5 over the existing installation using
the "Repair" option?

Nadine wrote:
> Hi There,
> I have just finished the upgrade from XP home to Vista Premium home and of
> course running into some bugs. AVG did not transfer over, which i understand
> may be due to some compatability issues but when i try to uninstall, it goes
> through the entire process, tells me its uninstalled and then it not only
> remains on the list of programs but also fully functions. Can anyone help
> here?

PTravel

Re: AVG
Try doing a new install of AVG 7.5. It should remove (or simply replace)
the old version. You can do it manually by using a program like RegSupreme,
removing all references to Grisoft and AVG from the registry, manually
deleting the files from the Programs folder and then manually removing the
reference to AVG from the Remove Programs list by using the NT version of
TweakUI (available free from Microsoft).

"Nadine" <Nadine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi There,
> I have just finished the upgrade from XP home to Vista Premium home and of
> course running into some bugs. AVG did not transfer over, which i
> understand
> may be due to some compatability issues but when i try to uninstall, it
> goes
> through the entire process, tells me its uninstalled and then it not only
> remains on the list of programs but also fully functions. Can anyone help
> here?

Jim

Re: AVG
Adam Albright

Re: AVG
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 21:57:12 -0600, "Jim" <asdf@cvb.com> wrote:

> [...]

I got AVG running now, but had similar problems when I first installed
Vista. No idea why. Just uninstalled, then scrubbed the Registry
manually looking for any AVG entries, then it worked. Go figure.