Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

vista Home Basic to Vista Home Premium

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2008
Dan
 

Posts: n/a
vista Home Basic to Vista Home Premium
I updated from home basic to home premium and cannot find any of my files. It
appears everything was wiped out. What to do ??
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2008
Brink
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista Home Basic to Vista Home Premium

Dan;638639 Wrote:
> I updated from home basic to home premium and cannot find any of my
> files. It
> appears everything was wiped out. What to do ??


Hi Dan,

Did you run the Premium install from within Basic? If so, see if you
can find a "C:\Windows.old" folder. It will contain all of your old
files from the Basic Vista. You may need to have hidden files and
folders set to show to see it. You can see how in Option Two here.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/86...s-folders.html

If it is there, then you can just copy them into the Vista Home Premium
locations.

Hope this helps,
Shawn


--
Brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
'*Vista x64 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2008
Dave
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista Home Basic to Vista Home Premium
Look for a folder named Windows.old, it may have your files.

You did back up all of your files first, didn't you?


--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview


"Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:68453611-3B04-4A32-845D-6F9DD14E7426@microsoft.com...
> I updated from home basic to home premium and cannot find any of my files.
> It
> appears everything was wiped out. What to do ??


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2008
Dan
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista Home Basic to Vista Home Premium
Thanks very much

"Brink" wrote:

>
> Dan;638639 Wrote:
> > I updated from home basic to home premium and cannot find any of my
> > files. It
> > appears everything was wiped out. What to do ??

>
> Hi Dan,
>
> Did you run the Premium install from within Basic? If so, see if you
> can find a "C:\Windows.old" folder. It will contain all of your old
> files from the Basic Vista. You may need to have hidden files and
> folders set to show to see it. You can see how in Option Two here.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/86...s-folders.html
>
> If it is there, then you can just copy them into the Vista Home Premium
> locations.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>
>
> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> '*Vista x64 Forums*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> *Please post feedback to help others.*
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2008
Dan
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista Home Basic to Vista Home Premium
Yes, I backed them up to a outboard drive

"Dave" wrote:

> Look for a folder named Windows.old, it may have your files.
>
> You did back up all of your files first, didn't you?
>
>
> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>
>
> "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:68453611-3B04-4A32-845D-6F9DD14E7426@microsoft.com...
> > I updated from home basic to home premium and cannot find any of my files.
> > It
> > appears everything was wiped out. What to do ??

>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Downgrade from Vista Home Premium to Home Basic Ursa microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 10 03-12-2008 18:06
Installing Vista Home basic with Home Premium DVD Michael Chare microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 12-11-2007 02:10
Upgrade from Vista Home Basic to Home Premium subrajit microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 09-20-2007 23:20
passaggio da vista home basic a home premium blue tulip microsoft.public.it.windows.vista 3 04-16-2007 09:55
Upgrading Windows Vista Home Basic to Vista Home Premium =?Utf-8?B?Q2FsQmVhcnMwNw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 8 03-03-2007 00:59




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:25.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120