Windows wants to be reactivated - But CD-key is already in use

=?Utf-8?B?U2ltb24=?=

Windows wants to be reactivated - But CD-key is already in use
I have changed my CPU and GPU fans (which required me to remove the CPU and
graphics card temporarily) and done some overclocking. Now Vista seems to
think that i have changed my hardware and that i should reactivate, however
my CD-key is already in use (by this computer of course) so i can't
reactivate. What do to?
=?Utf-8?B?U2ltb24=?=

RE: Windows wants to be reactivated - But CD-key is already in use
Btw, i forgot to mention that i also had to reset BIOS quite a few times
while fiding the highest stable clocks.

My specs:
K8N Neo4 Platinum ms-7125 motherboard
Amd athlon x2 4200+
Gainward geforce 7800
2x 1024 mb PC3200

Richard Urban

Re: Windows wants to be reactivated - But CD-key is already in use
Phone them after the online activation fails. Or choose activate by phone
when you are presented with the message to activate.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban MVP
Microsoft Windows Shell/User

"Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have changed my CPU and GPU fans (which required me to remove the CPU and
> graphics card temporarily) and done some overclocking. Now Vista seems to
> think that i have changed my hardware and that i should reactivate,
> however
> my CD-key is already in use (by this computer of course) so i can't
> reactivate. What do to?

Robert Moir

Re: Windows wants to be reactivated - But CD-key is already in use

"Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have changed my CPU and GPU fans (which required me to remove the CPU and
> graphics card temporarily) and done some overclocking. Now Vista seems to
> think that i have changed my hardware and that i should reactivate,
> however
> my CD-key is already in use (by this computer of course) so i can't
> reactivate. What do to?

Activate by phone - there should be an option to do this.
Remember to thank Microsoft nicely for allowing you to continue to use their
operating system, and also for coming up with an antipiracy system that does
such a good job of stopping piracy totally dead in its tracks without
inconveniencing paying customers such as yourself.

When you've done that, go to www.apple.com, take a look at the screenshots
for tiger and leopard, and think very hard about why you're bothering with a
pale imitation that assumes you're stealing from Microsoft every time you
dare to pop the lid off Microsoft's er sorry I mean your own computer's
case.

--
Robert Moir
http://www.rhymeswithgeek.com

Paul Smith

Re: Windows wants to be reactivated - But CD-key is already in use
"Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have changed my CPU and GPU fans (which required me to remove the CPU and
> graphics card temporarily) and done some overclocking. Now Vista seems to
> think that i have changed my hardware and that i should reactivate,
> however
> my CD-key is already in use (by this computer of course) so i can't
> reactivate. What do to?

I've heard some people have got the system to re-activate itself by running
the check at http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/

Please post back the results.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Paul Smith

"Paul Smith" <Paul@nospam.windowsresource.net> wrote in message

> I've heard some people have got the system to re-activate itself by
> running the check at http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/
>
> Please post back the results.

........And then telling the system to reactivate in Computer -> System
Properties.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
http://www.windowsresource.net/

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

=?Utf-8?B?U2ltb24=?=

RE: Windows wants to be reactivated - But CD-key is already in use
I phoned them, problem solved. I don't really understand why that worked
since it was still juse another automatic system, and you would think that
allt their systems would follow the same rules, but it worked anyway.

I got windows for free, i would have to pay for mac OS, and i'd have to buy
a special overpriced apple computer as well, so i'm sticking to windows for
the moment.