Vista install from usb

mean6

Vista install from usb

I recently read a post from 'Kurt Shintaku's Blog: HOWTO:
Install Windows Vista from a high speed USB 2.0 Flash Drive'
(http://kurtsh.spaces.live.com/blog/c...38D!1665.entry) and
thought I would try it. I purchased a Patriot Xporter 4gig 200x Usb
flash drive and followed the instructions. I am not sure if there is
anything else that should be enabled in the bios (other than boot from
usb drive first) but the install actually took longer than it did from a
dvd. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas on this. I was expecting it to
be quicker as the article says, but it wasn't. It was almost 5 mins
slower.

--
mean6
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista install from usb
Ever considered USB transfer rates are slower!!!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"mean6" wrote:

> I recently read a post from 'Kurt Shintaku's Blog: HOWTO:
> Install Windows Vista from a high speed USB 2.0 Flash Drive'
> (http://kurtsh.spaces.live.com/blog/c...38D!1665.entry) and
> thought I would try it. I purchased a Patriot Xporter 4gig 200x Usb
> flash drive and followed the instructions. I am not sure if there is
> anything else that should be enabled in the bios (other than boot from
> usb drive first) but the install actually took longer than it did from a
> dvd. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas on this. I was expecting it to
> be quicker as the article says, but it wasn't. It was almost 5 mins
> slower.
>

> --
> mean6

Jack

Re: Vista install from usb
don't believe everything you read
Jack

"mean6" <mean6.35x153@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I recently read a post from 'Kurt Shintaku's Blog: HOWTO:
> Install Windows Vista from a high speed USB 2.0 Flash Drive'
> (http://kurtsh.spaces.live.com/blog/c...38D!1665.entry) and
> thought I would try it. I purchased a Patriot Xporter 4gig 200x Usb
> flash drive and followed the instructions. I am not sure if there is
> anything else that should be enabled in the bios (other than boot from
> usb drive first) but the install actually took longer than it did from a
> dvd. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas on this. I was expecting it to
> be quicker as the article says, but it wasn't. It was almost 5 mins
> slower.
>

> --
> mean6

Jack

Re: Vista install from usb
You want fast install?
Create .iso file from your dvd and install it inside VPC.