Cannot install Vista SP1 due to language pack

Henrik

Cannot install Vista SP1 due to language pack
The installer states that I have the wrong language or wrong language packs
installed.
However, no language packs are installed that I can find, and installation
itself is us english, albeitly with swedish regional settings.

P.S.
When I stated that no language packs are installed, this is because no
language packs are listed in the program list.
It might have been installed as an update, but that list contains 79 updates
with absolutely no details except KB numbers, and I'll be damned if I'm
gonna lookup 79 KB articles manually to see if one of them is a language
pack.

P.P.S.
As language packs were so easily installed (as an option offerered thorugh
windows update, and not as stand-alone installation like it was with XP and
such, I just can't believe that MS don't support language packs more
fluently than this)

Peter

Re: Cannot install Vista SP1 due to language pack
The SP1 language packs will not be available until April.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

"Henrik" <Henrik_the_boss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The installer states that I have the wrong language or wrong language
> packs installed.
> However, no language packs are installed that I can find, and installation
> itself is us english, albeitly with swedish regional settings.
>
> P.S.
> When I stated that no language packs are installed, this is because no
> language packs are listed in the program list.
> It might have been installed as an update, but that list contains 79
> updates with absolutely no details except KB numbers, and I'll be damned
> if I'm gonna lookup 79 KB articles manually to see if one of them is a
> language pack.
>
> P.P.S.
> As language packs were so easily installed (as an option offerered thorugh
> windows update, and not as stand-alone installation like it was with XP
> and such, I just can't believe that MS don't support language packs more
> fluently than this)

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

RE: Cannot install Vista SP1 due to language pack
Hello,
Open Control Panel,
Go to the Regional and Language Options
Choose the Keyboard and Language tab.
Do you have languages listed under Display Languages if you click the
install\uninstall Languages button?

If you do can you try uninstalling them.

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
|> From: "Henrik" <Henrik_the_boss@hotmail.com>
|> Subject: Cannot install Vista SP1 due to language pack
|> Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:52:33 +0100
|> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
|>
|> The installer states that I have the wrong language or wrong language
packs
|> installed.
|> However, no language packs are installed that I can find, and
installation
|> itself is us english, albeitly with swedish regional settings.
|>
|> P.S.
|> When I stated that no language packs are installed, this is because no
|> language packs are listed in the program list.
|> It might have been installed as an update, but that list contains 79
updates
|> with absolutely no details except KB numbers, and I'll be damned if I'm
|> gonna lookup 79 KB articles manually to see if one of them is a language
|> pack.
|>
|> P.P.S.
|> As language packs were so easily installed (as an option offerered
thorugh
|> windows update, and not as stand-alone installation like it was with XP
and
|> such, I just can't believe that MS don't support language packs more
|> fluently than this)

Bryce Miller

RE: Cannot install Vista SP1 due to language pack
OK, I dont know what version of Vista you are using but your solution is
incorrect.

Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Keyboard and Language Tab
does not have a place to see install or uninstall button. It has a Change
Keyboard button.

I have the same problem as the original poster and it sounds like you CANNOT
install SP1 on Vista Ultimate because of all the language packs that were
installed in the fall from Windows Updates.

IS THERE A WAY TO UNINSTALL LANGUAGE PACKS FROM VISTA ULTIMATE? YES or NO???
Because the error we see is that the languages are unsupported when we go to
load the SP1 update.

""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hello,
> Open Control Panel,
> Go to the Regional and Language Options
> Choose the Keyboard and Language tab.
> Do you have languages listed under Display Languages if you click the
> install\uninstall Languages button?
>
> If you do can you try uninstalling them.
>

> Thanks,
> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

> --------------------
> |> From: "Henrik" <Henrik_the_boss@hotmail.com>
> |> Subject: Cannot install Vista SP1 due to language pack
> |> Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:52:33 +0100
> |> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
> |>
> |> The installer states that I have the wrong language or wrong language
> packs
> |> installed.
> |> However, no language packs are installed that I can find, and
> installation
> |> itself is us english, albeitly with swedish regional settings.
> |>
> |> P.S.
> |> When I stated that no language packs are installed, this is because no
> |> language packs are listed in the program list.
> |> It might have been installed as an update, but that list contains 79
> updates
> |> with absolutely no details except KB numbers, and I'll be damned if I'm
> |> gonna lookup 79 KB articles manually to see if one of them is a language
> |> pack.
> |>
> |> P.P.S.
> |> As language packs were so easily installed (as an option offerered
> thorugh
> |> windows update, and not as stand-alone installation like it was with XP
> and
> |> such, I just can't believe that MS don't support language packs more
> |> fluently than this)

Al74

RE: Cannot install Vista SP1 due to language pack
This is one of the reasons I think Microsoft should have waited before
releasing SP1, I mean why release an update that locks users out of useful
features?

"Henrik" wrote:

> The installer states that I have the wrong language or wrong language packs
> installed.
> However, no language packs are installed that I can find, and installation
> itself is us english, albeitly with swedish regional settings.
>
> P.S.
> When I stated that no language packs are installed, this is because no
> language packs are listed in the program list.
> It might have been installed as an update, but that list contains 79 updates
> with absolutely no details except KB numbers, and I'll be damned if I'm
> gonna lookup 79 KB articles manually to see if one of them is a language
> pack.
>
> P.P.S.
> As language packs were so easily installed (as an option offerered thorugh
> windows update, and not as stand-alone installation like it was with XP and
> such, I just can't believe that MS don't support language packs more
> fluently than this)

Larry M.

Re: Cannot install Vista SP1 due to language pack
Simple. Because it is Microsoft .

"Al74" <Al74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is one of the reasons I think Microsoft should have waited before
> releasing SP1, I mean why release an update that locks users out of useful
> features?
>

> "Henrik" wrote:
>
>> The installer states that I have the wrong language or wrong language
>> packs
>> installed.
>> However, no language packs are installed that I can find, and
>> installation
>> itself is us english, albeitly with swedish regional settings.
>>
>> P.S.
>> When I stated that no language packs are installed, this is because no
>> language packs are listed in the program list.
>> It might have been installed as an update, but that list contains 79
>> updates
>> with absolutely no details except KB numbers, and I'll be damned if I'm
>> gonna lookup 79 KB articles manually to see if one of them is a language
>> pack.
>>
>> P.P.S.
>> As language packs were so easily installed (as an option offerered
>> thorugh
>> windows update, and not as stand-alone installation like it was with XP
>> and
>> such, I just can't believe that MS don't support language packs more
>> fluently than this)

Joe94553

Re: Cannot install Vista SP1 due to language pack

Please review attachment - there is an install/uninstall button ..

joe

|Filename: vista lang packs.gif |
|Download: http://vista64.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4241|

Joe94553