Activation Problem

dwoodward

Activation Problem
I am trying to activate my copy of Windows Vista Home Premium x64-bit after a
reformat but I continually get a message that says the key is already in use.
I want to contact tech support about it, but $59 for a phone call? For an
problem with YOUR software? Are you kidding me?

How do I activate windows now that I have reformated?
Dustin Harper

Re: Activation Problem
Select "Activate by Phone" and give Microsoft a call. The key was already in
use by your previous install. The phone rep will get you up and activated in
about 5 minutes with no issues.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"dwoodward" <dwoodward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to activate my copy of Windows Vista Home Premium x64-bit after
> reformat but I continually get a message that says the key is already in
> use.
> I want to contact tech support about it, but $59 for a phone call? For an
> problem with YOUR software? Are you kidding me?
>
> How do I activate windows now that I have reformated?

Rick Rogers

Re: Activation Problem
And note that the activation phone call is free, it's not a support call and
the phone number is different.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
> Select "Activate by Phone" and give Microsoft a call. The key was already
> in use by your previous install. The phone rep will get you up and
> activated in about 5 minutes with no issues.
>
> --
>
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>

> "dwoodward" <dwoodward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am trying to activate my copy of Windows Vista Home Premium x64-bit
>>after a
>> reformat but I continually get a message that says the key is already in
>> use.
>> I want to contact tech support about it, but $59 for a phone call? For an
>> problem with YOUR software? Are you kidding me?
>>
>> How do I activate windows now that I have reformated?

Bruce Chambers

Re: Activation Problem
dwoodward wrote:
> I am trying to activate my copy of Windows Vista Home Premium x64-bit after a
> reformat but I continually get a message that says the key is already in use.
> I want to contact tech support about it, but $59 for a phone call? For an
> problem with YOUR software? Are you kidding me?
>
> How do I activate windows now that I have reformated?

The license _is_ already in use, by you, because of your initial
Activation. Simply follow the on-screen instructions to activate by
telephone.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: