Active X webplayer

TEXCANMAN

Active X webplayer
I have to take exam on line, and the site requires "Authorware Active X
Webplayer"
When I try to install I get a notice saying Plugin launch app "access denied"
found a place to download an application that would modify registry but it
comes with warning of loosing operating system.
Does anyboby have solution I really need this software to pursue my studies.
--
PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
Rick Rogers

Re: Active X webplayer
Hi,

Create a system restore point, then add the registry modification. Chances
are it is harmless, but most carry that warning as any registry modification
carries the potential of creating issues.

I would speculate that the addon is not Vista compatible, and you may find
that you will need to run Internet Explorer as admin for it to work. This is
not the same as running it in an administrator account. This is specifically
invoking elevated privilege by right clicking the shortcut or .exe file and
selecting 'run as administrator'.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"TEXCANMAN" <TEXCANMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have to take exam on line, and the site requires "Authorware Active X
> Webplayer"
> When I try to install I get a notice saying Plugin launch app "access
> denied"
> found a place to download an application that would modify registry but it
> comes with warning of loosing operating system.
> Does anyboby have solution I really need this software to pursue my
> studies.
> --
> PER ARDUA AD ASTRA

TEXCANMAN

Re: Active X webplayer
I went to link of microsoft download and found the folder "subinacl.msi"
version 5.2.3790.1180, that is what was recommended to me by support of flash
player however the version is not for VISTA. So again I am stuck

--
PER ARDUA AD ASTRA