Sony: Installing 32 Bit From 64

colt22

Sony: Installing 32 Bit From 64

Hey guys here is my problem

- have 64 bit vista
- want to replace it with 32 bit vista which came with my laptop
- have 32 bit OEM recovery disk
- Run recovery disk but it cant find the 32 bit files to start recovery

How do I do a clean install of the 32 bit vista from the sony recovery
disk// anyone gone through this?

Please reply

thank you

--
colt22
Mick Murphy

RE: Sony: Installing 32 Bit From 64
Go into your BIOS or Boot Order, and set your CD/DVD drive to boot first;
insert disk, reboot.
If you have a standard recovery disk, it should put a ghost image over it

If a proper vista DVD, do the same with Bios or boot order.
Then load files, delete existing vista partition, format, install.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"colt22" wrote:

> Hey guys here is my problem
>
> - have 64 bit vista
> - want to replace it with 32 bit vista which came with my laptop
> - have 32 bit OEM recovery disk
> - Run recovery disk but it cant find the 32 bit files to start recovery
>

> How do I do a clean install of the 32 bit vista from the sony recovery
> disk// anyone gone through this?
>
> Please reply
>
> thank you
>

> --
> colt22

Mike Brannigan

Re: Installing 32 Bit From 64
"colt22" <colt22.35u1i6@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Hey guys here is my problem
>
> - have 64 bit vista
> - want to replace it with 32 bit vista which came with my laptop
> - have 32 bit OEM recovery disk
> - Run recovery disk but it cant find the 32 bit files to start recovery
>

> How do I do a clean install of the 32 bit vista from the sony recovery
> disk// anyone gone through this?
>
> Please reply
>
> thank you
>

> --
> colt22

So you have Sony Laptop that you (or someone else) installed 64-bit Vista
on. Now you want to use your Sony Recovery DVD on that laptop to restore it
to as shipped from the factory.
Your documentation that came with your Sony laptop includes instructions for
using the recovery methods. There is also additional documentation on the
Sony web site about how to use their recovery tools. Finally you can call
Sony support for more information.
It is worth noting that depending on what you have done to your laptop since
you got it and how you made the recovery DVD it may require the recovery
partition to still be on the laptop This differs from model to model as you
also have the option to create full recovery media that does not require the
recovery partition.
In most cases you just boot from the first recovery disk (there are often
multi disk sets) and follow the on screen instructions.
I have used the recovery media a number of times on various Sony laptops
without issue.

--

Mike Brannigan

colt22

Re: Sony: Installing 32 Bit From 64

thanks..the problem is however I cannot even get to that point where I
can delete the partition as it asks for these drivers I do not have and
when I select cancel it reboots.

I think i will just download 32 bit home and use my cd key from the
bottom of my laptop.

stupid sony recovery disc.

--
colt22
DL

Re: Sony: Installing 32 Bit From 64
that wont work unless its a generic oem version

"colt22" <colt22.35uwr5@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> thanks..the problem is however I cannot even get to that point where I
> can delete the partition as it asks for these drivers I do not have and
> when I select cancel it reboots.
>
> I think i will just download 32 bit home and use my cd key from the
> bottom of my laptop.
>
> stupid sony recovery disc.
>

> --
> colt22

Mike Brannigan

Re: Sony: Installing 32 Bit From 64
Your Sony recovery disk contains all the drivers etc for your Sony device.
Are you trying to use it on another laptop or PC? |If so then that is not
allowed you may not move the OEM OS from your Sony to anywhere else. You
need to buy a license for each device you have Windows installed on so you
could not run 2 machines on one license.

--

Mike Brannigan
"colt22" <colt22.35uwr5@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> thanks..the problem is however I cannot even get to that point where I
> can delete the partition as it asks for these drivers I do not have and
> when I select cancel it reboots.
>
> I think i will just download 32 bit home and use my cd key from the
> bottom of my laptop.
>
> stupid sony recovery disc.
>

> --
> colt22

colt22

Re: Sony: Installing 32 Bit From 64

Im not using it on 2 PC's

THe point is i HAD OEM 31 bit, installed retail 64 bit, now trying to
get back to 32 bit OEM from my sony recovery disc.. and its not working

--
colt22
Mike Brannigan

"colt22" <colt22.35ve44@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Im not using it on 2 PC's
>
> THe point is i HAD OEM 31 bit, installed retail 64 bit, now trying to
> get back to 32 bit OEM from my sony recovery disc.. and its not working
>

> --
> colt22

Then contact Sony support about how to use their recovery disks and
partitions (depends on machine model)

--

Mike Brannigan