vista instalation stuck at 0%

toAZty

vista instalation stuck at 0%
I just bought a new laptop, acer apire 7720Z
and it comes with Vista premium, but i have an unused Ultimate edt.
i boot the dvd, selecting disk to install it on, but then comes the problem,
the installation trying to install but get stuck on 0%,
I did the same thing again, stuck at 15%
tried it again, stuck at 10%,

i have tried this maybe 20 times today.. same resault

have to run "acer eRecovery management" everytime after i have tried to
install Vista, if i dont do that, i cant boot the dvd , only thing that will
come up after trying to boot is a black screen..

there is no recovery cd with these laptops,
Rick Rogers

Re: vista instalation stuck at 0%
Hi,

Laptops generally use proprietary drivers not always found in retail
versions of Windows. Try the upgrade from within the working installation
rather than by booting the disk.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"toAZty" <toAZty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a new laptop, acer apire 7720Z
> and it comes with Vista premium, but i have an unused Ultimate edt.
> i boot the dvd, selecting disk to install it on, but then comes the
> problem,
> the installation trying to install but get stuck on 0%,
> I did the same thing again, stuck at 15%
> tried it again, stuck at 10%,
>
> i have tried this maybe 20 times today.. same resault
>

> have to run "acer eRecovery management" everytime after i have tried to
> install Vista, if i dont do that, i cant boot the dvd , only thing that
> will
> come up after trying to boot is a black screen..
>
> there is no recovery cd with these laptops,

toAZty

Re: vista instalation stuck at 0%
right now there is no OS, i did something so stupid as format the Disk, so i
have to boot the Vista dvd , i have tried 4-5 time more now, and i came so
close to finish the installation, stuck at 64% , this is weird...

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Laptops generally use proprietary drivers not always found in retail
> versions of Windows. Try the upgrade from within the working installation
> rather than by booting the disk.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "toAZty" <toAZty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just bought a new laptop, acer apire 7720Z
> > and it comes with Vista premium, but i have an unused Ultimate edt.
> > i boot the dvd, selecting disk to install it on, but then comes the
> > problem,
> > the installation trying to install but get stuck on 0%,
> > I did the same thing again, stuck at 15%
> > tried it again, stuck at 10%,
> >
> > i have tried this maybe 20 times today.. same resault
> >

> > have to run "acer eRecovery management" everytime after i have tried to
> > install Vista, if i dont do that, i cant boot the dvd , only thing that
> > will
> > come up after trying to boot is a black screen..
> >
> > there is no recovery cd with these laptops,

Dwarf

Re: vista instalation stuck at 0%
Hi toAZty,

Hopefully, all is not lost. Check your manual. When you next start your
machine, press 'Esc' (or whatever the manual says) in order to run the
recovery routine from the hard drive. This routine is stored in a hidden and
protected area of the drive that is unaffected by normal everyday use
(including formatting). When you have done that, again follow the instruction
manual and create a set of recovery disks. Once you have done that, you can
then do as Rick says and try to do the upgrade from within Vista itself.
However, depending on the specifications of your laptop, it may or may not be
capable of running Vista Ultimate successfully.
Dwarf

"toAZty" wrote:

> right now there is no OS, i did something so stupid as format the Disk, so i
> have to boot the Vista dvd , i have tried 4-5 time more now, and i came so
> close to finish the installation, stuck at 64% , this is weird...
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Laptops generally use proprietary drivers not always found in retail
> > versions of Windows. Try the upgrade from within the working installation
> > rather than by booting the disk.
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
> >
> > "toAZty" <toAZty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I just bought a new laptop, acer apire 7720Z
> > > and it comes with Vista premium, but i have an unused Ultimate edt.
> > > i boot the dvd, selecting disk to install it on, but then comes the
> > > problem,
> > > the installation trying to install but get stuck on 0%,
> > > I did the same thing again, stuck at 15%
> > > tried it again, stuck at 10%,
> > >
> > > i have tried this maybe 20 times today.. same resault
> > >

> > > have to run "acer eRecovery management" everytime after i have tried to
> > > install Vista, if i dont do that, i cant boot the dvd , only thing that
> > > will
> > > come up after trying to boot is a black screen..
> > >
> > > there is no recovery cd with these laptops,

toAZty

Re: vista instalation stuck at 0%
i have tried that, in this case, " Alt + f10" when startup,
i tried to reset it the machine to the way that it was when i got it, the
problem is that it stops , get stuck there too, sometimes at 2%, sometimes at
30% , this is really weird,
i called "Acer Hot line" , i probably have to send it in, this happend
before , 3 weeks ago, same thing. they just changed the hard drive,

I tried the OEM key that is on the machine, Vista homeprem. OEM edt, that
too get stuck, the machine just stops reading the dvd,

thank you for the help,