Xp Home product key blocked

nlspecial

Xp Home product key blocked
Hi

Would like to do a dual boot of vista and xp but having problems
reinstalling xp due my key being blocked. its an oem key on the sticker what
steps need to be taken to fix this problem.
fuzor_silverbolt

Re: Xp Home product key blocked

Is the computer a non-name brand white box or a Dell/HP/Gateway?

If its a branded Dell/HP or Gateway box then you should be able to
contact the manufacturer for assistance. Or you will need to call
microsoft, the activation phone number is listed on the activation
dialog box.

If your copy of XP is legit, which i doubt, then you should be able to
get an answer quickly and easily or just pony up and BUY a copy.

--
fuzor_silverbolt

nlspecial

Re: Xp Home product key blocked
hi
my copy is legit came with pc.its a hi-grade pc when re-installing with key
confirmation always comes back its blocked i am sure its legit and no one
else has used this key.

"fuzor_silverbolt" wrote:

> Is the computer a non-name brand white box or a Dell/HP/Gateway?
>
> If its a branded Dell/HP or Gateway box then you should be able to
> contact the manufacturer for assistance. Or you will need to call
> microsoft, the activation phone number is listed on the activation
> dialog box.
>
> If your copy of XP is legit, which i doubt, then you should be able to
> get an answer quickly and easily or just pony up and BUY a copy.
>

> --
> fuzor_silverbolt

Bruce Chambers

nlspecial wrote:
> hi
> my copy is legit came with pc.its a hi-grade pc when re-installing with key
> confirmation always comes back its blocked i am sure its legit and no one
> else has used this key.

Contact the manufacturer of the computer to which that OEM license is
permanently bound (This is that same computer, is it not?) to obtain a
valid OEM WinXP Home Product Key.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
nlspecial

Re: Xp Home product key blocked
hi

thanks for that bit of info just wasnt sure what to do about it.yes this is
same computer xp is licensed to.Anyways thanks great customer support.