Vista 32 to 64bit HELP!!!

skeeb23

Vista 32 to 64bit HELP!!!

A bit ago a person on here said they were able to upgrade their academic
vista ultimate 32bit from their school to the 64bit version through the
alternate media order. HOW?? I have tried and it says offer not found. I
have a copy now of 32bit vista that is doing me no good at all since I
have 4gigs of ram and a 64bit processor. Please... anyone help me how
to do this. Or if anyone has a number to call because microsoft cant
help me... they claim I can call the division that licenses this
academic dvd but I dont know where that would be. Very frustrated with
microsoft right now!!!!

--
skeeb23
John Barnes

Re: Vista 32 to 64bit HELP!!!
You need more than 4 gig of ram for 64-bit to be necessary, and you can
install 32-bit on your machine with no problems as millions have done..
Chill out.

"skeeb23" <skeeb23.35t690@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> A bit ago a person on here said they were able to upgrade their academic
> vista ultimate 32bit from their school to the 64bit version through the
> alternate media order. HOW?? I have tried and it says offer not found. I
> have a copy now of 32bit vista that is doing me no good at all since I
> have 4gigs of ram and a 64bit processor. Please... anyone help me how
> to do this. Or if anyone has a number to call because microsoft cant
> help me... they claim I can call the division that licenses this
> academic dvd but I dont know where that would be. Very frustrated with
> microsoft right now!!!!
>

> --
> skeeb23

ajv2003

Re: Vista 32 to 64bit HELP!!!
I ordered directly from Microsoft for $9.95 -- Search on line for the
source.

Nothing wrong with the 32bit version. If you have a laptop Windows will only
report 3+ Gig of RAM. In stall version 64 and Windows will report 4Gig +.

Albert

> "skeeb23" <skeeb23.35t690@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>>
>> A bit ago a person on here said they were able to upgrade their academic
>> vista ultimate 32bit from their school to the 64bit version through the
>> alternate media order. HOW?? I have tried and it says offer not found. I
>> have a copy now of 32bit vista that is doing me no good at all since I
>> have 4gigs of ram and a 64bit processor. Please... anyone help me how
>> to do this. Or if anyone has a number to call because microsoft cant
>> help me... they claim I can call the division that licenses this
>> academic dvd but I dont know where that would be. Very frustrated with
>> microsoft right now!!!!
>>

>> --
>> skeeb23

John Barnett MVP

Re: Vista 32 to 64bit HELP!!!
I'm running a 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine without any issues. The
problem with 64 bit I that there are still not many drivers available for
the 64 bit machines. I also installed the 64 bit version onto a separate
partition but ran into driver problems so I removed it. It can always be
re-installed when the driver manufacturer's have got their act together.

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org