Installed Vista but cannot install Office 2007

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZXM=?=

Installed Vista but cannot install Office 2007
I installedVista Home Premium and it's working fine however I cannot install
Office Home and Student 2007. No matter what I do, after opening the install
file nothing happens. Any help here would be great.
Richard Urban

Re: Installed Vista but cannot install Office 2007
When the Office CD is put in the device tray you will get a popup window
that defaults to "Run Setup exec". Choose to do so.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban MVP
Microsoft Windows Shell/User

"Bones" <Bones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installedVista Home Premium and it's working fine however I cannot
>install
> Office Home and Student 2007. No matter what I do, after opening the
> install
> file nothing happens. Any help here would be great.

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZXM=?=

Re: Installed Vista but cannot install Office 2007
This doesn't work either, sorry I should have said that before. When I click
on the Run Setup exec it thinks about it for about 3 seconds then nothing.
This is same when I explore the disc and run the file for there. I'm thinking
of taking my copy of Office back...

Thanks.

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> When the Office CD is put in the device tray you will get a popup window
> that defaults to "Run Setup exec". Choose to do so.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban MVP
> Microsoft Windows Shell/User
>

> "Bones" <Bones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I installedVista Home Premium and it's working fine however I cannot
> >install
> > Office Home and Student 2007. No matter what I do, after opening the
> > install
> > file nothing happens. Any help here would be great.

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZXM=?=

Re: Installed Vista but cannot install Office 2007
Oh, I tried it on another machine running XP so I know the disc is good...

"Bones" wrote:

> This doesn't work either, sorry I should have said that before. When I click
> on the Run Setup exec it thinks about it for about 3 seconds then nothing.
> This is same when I explore the disc and run the file for there. I'm thinking
> of taking my copy of Office back...
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
> > When the Office CD is put in the device tray you will get a popup window
> > that defaults to "Run Setup exec". Choose to do so.
> >
> > --
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Richard Urban MVP
> > Microsoft Windows Shell/User
> >

> > "Bones" <Bones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I installedVista Home Premium and it's working fine however I cannot
> > >install
> > > Office Home and Student 2007. No matter what I do, after opening the
> > > install
> > > file nothing happens. Any help here would be great.

John Barnes

Re: Installed Vista but cannot install Office 2007
Long shot, but you could right click and try running as administrator. Try
installing with compatibility tool

"Bones" <Bones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news8102461-D74B-45D7-A3FC-A435C082DAC4@microsoft.com...
> Oh, I tried it on another machine running XP so I know the disc is good...
>
> "Bones" wrote:
>
>> This doesn't work either, sorry I should have said that before. When I
>> click
>> on the Run Setup exec it thinks about it for about 3 seconds then
>> nothing.
>> This is same when I explore the disc and run the file for there. I'm
>> thinking
>> of taking my copy of Office back...
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>>
>> > When the Office CD is put in the device tray you will get a popup
>> > window
>> > that defaults to "Run Setup exec". Choose to do so.
>> >
>> > --
>> >

>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Richard Urban MVP
>> > Microsoft Windows Shell/User

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZXM=?=

Re: Installed Vista but cannot install Office 2007
Thanks but that didn't work either. I'm on the phone to tech support now...

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Long shot, but you could right click and try running as administrator. Try
> installing with compatibility tool
>

> "Bones" <Bones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news8102461-D74B-45D7-A3FC-A435C082DAC4@microsoft.com...
> > Oh, I tried it on another machine running XP so I know the disc is good...
> >
> > "Bones" wrote:
> >
> >> This doesn't work either, sorry I should have said that before. When I
> >> click
> >> on the Run Setup exec it thinks about it for about 3 seconds then
> >> nothing.
> >> This is same when I explore the disc and run the file for there. I'm
> >> thinking
> >> of taking my copy of Office back...
> >>
> >> Thanks.

JW

Re: Installed Vista but cannot install Office 2007
Have you tried to start installing it on another system such as an XP system
to be sure that there is not a problem with the Installation disk itself?

"Bones" <Bones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsDA4ECC7-AE40-42AD-84EB-A3D93C80EA86@microsoft.com...
> Thanks but that didn't work either. I'm on the phone to tech support
> now...
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> Long shot, but you could right click and try running as administrator.
>> Try
>> installing with compatibility tool
>>

>> "Bones" <Bones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news8102461-D74B-45D7-A3FC-A435C082DAC4@microsoft.com...
>> > Oh, I tried it on another machine running XP so I know the disc is
>> > good...

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZXM=?=

Re: Installed Vista but cannot install Office 2007
Yes, I've tried it on my latop no worries.
I was on the phone to both Microsoft and HP last night and apparently my DVD
drive isn't compatible with Vista nor is it going to be in the future. It's
strange though because I've installed other programs with no troubles. HP
recommended i revert back to XP or maybe get a new drive that is compatible...
Thanks for your suggestions