Expired Product Key but purchased lasy June/July

SuperTongue

Expired Product Key but purchased lasy June/July
I recently received a new computer with all new parts that had Windows XP
Media Center Edition on it. I had my copy of the upgrade disc for Windows
Vista Home Premium and wanted to upgrade.

Well now Windows is telling me that my Product ID has expired and when I try
to re-enter the ID it says it is not valid, even though it is a legitimate
copy of Windows Vista.

I did have this installed on another computer but then reverted back to XP
for other reasons. Is there any way to get my system registered without
buying another product key?
Rick Rogers

Re: Expired Product Key but purchased lasy June/July
Hi,

Expired? Or perhaps already in use? More likely the latter, and all that is
required is that you use the phone activation method. Since it was already
activated once, your Product Key has to be manually activated over the
phone.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"SuperTongue" <SuperTongue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently received a new computer with all new parts that had Windows XP
> Media Center Edition on it. I had my copy of the upgrade disc for Windows
> Vista Home Premium and wanted to upgrade.
>
> Well now Windows is telling me that my Product ID has expired and when I
> try
> to re-enter the ID it says it is not valid, even though it is a legitimate
> copy of Windows Vista.
>
> I did have this installed on another computer but then reverted back to XP
> for other reasons. Is there any way to get my system registered without
> buying another product key?

JW

Re: Expired Product Key but purchased lasy June/July
You need to use Phone activation use Help to find out how.
"SuperTongue" <SuperTongue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently received a new computer with all new parts that had Windows XP
> Media Center Edition on it. I had my copy of the upgrade disc for Windows
> Vista Home Premium and wanted to upgrade.
>
> Well now Windows is telling me that my Product ID has expired and when I
> try
> to re-enter the ID it says it is not valid, even though it is a legitimate
> copy of Windows Vista.
>
> I did have this installed on another computer but then reverted back to XP
> for other reasons. Is there any way to get my system registered without
> buying another product key?

SuperTongue

Re: Expired Product Key but purchased lasy June/July
Well I did use the number for registration when it told me it was invalid but
the automated system said that it was invald/incorrect.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Expired? Or perhaps already in use? More likely the latter, and all that is
> required is that you use the phone activation method. Since it was already
> activated once, your Product Key has to be manually activated over the
> phone.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "SuperTongue" <SuperTongue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently received a new computer with all new parts that had Windows XP
> > Media Center Edition on it. I had my copy of the upgrade disc for Windows
> > Vista Home Premium and wanted to upgrade.
> >
> > Well now Windows is telling me that my Product ID has expired and when I
> > try
> > to re-enter the ID it says it is not valid, even though it is a legitimate
> > copy of Windows Vista.
> >
> > I did have this installed on another computer but then reverted back to XP
> > for other reasons. Is there any way to get my system registered without
> > buying another product key?

Rick Rogers

Re: Expired Product Key but purchased lasy June/July
Hi,

When it does that, just hold the line for a live support person to get you
through the activation.

--

> Well I did use the number for registration when it told me it was invalid
> but
> the automated system said that it was invald/incorrect.
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Expired? Or perhaps already in use? More likely the latter, and all that
>> is
>> required is that you use the phone activation method. Since it was
>> already
>> activated once, your Product Key has to be manually activated over the
>> phone.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "SuperTongue" <SuperTongue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I recently received a new computer with all new parts that had Windows
>> >XP
>> > Media Center Edition on it. I had my copy of the upgrade disc for
>> > Windows
>> > Vista Home Premium and wanted to upgrade.
>> >
>> > Well now Windows is telling me that my Product ID has expired and when
>> > try
>> > to re-enter the ID it says it is not valid, even though it is a
>> > legitimate
>> > copy of Windows Vista.
>> >
>> > I did have this installed on another computer but then reverted back to
>> > XP
>> > for other reasons. Is there any way to get my system registered without
>> > buying another product key?

Dwarf

Re: Expired Product Key but purchased lasy June/July
Hi SuperTongue,

Follow Rick's advice. However, you need to stay on the phone until a real
person comes on the line. Explain the situation to them and they should be
able to give you an activation code. The automated part of the call which you
did is simply the alternative way of activating to the Internet method. With
the Internet method, all data is transferred automatically both ways. The
first part of the phone method simply replicates this - you send the sequence
of numbers via your phone keypad and the activation computer then reads an
unlock code back to you which you enter on your computer keyboard.
Dwarf

"SuperTongue" wrote:

> Well I did use the number for registration when it told me it was invalid but
> the automated system said that it was invald/incorrect.
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Expired? Or perhaps already in use? More likely the latter, and all that is
> > required is that you use the phone activation method. Since it was already
> > activated once, your Product Key has to be manually activated over the
> > phone.
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
> >
> > "SuperTongue" <SuperTongue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I recently received a new computer with all new parts that had Windows XP
> > > Media Center Edition on it. I had my copy of the upgrade disc for Windows
> > > Vista Home Premium and wanted to upgrade.
> > >
> > > Well now Windows is telling me that my Product ID has expired and when I
> > > try
> > > to re-enter the ID it says it is not valid, even though it is a legitimate
> > > copy of Windows Vista.
> > >
> > > I did have this installed on another computer but then reverted back to XP
> > > for other reasons. Is there any way to get my system registered without
> > > buying another product key?

John Barnett MVP

Re: Expired Product Key but purchased lasy June/July
All you need do is use the telephone activation option. See this link from
my website: http://vistasupport.mvps.org/product...ady_in_use.htm

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience