Is it possible to upgrade from Vista Enterprise to Ultimate?

=?Utf-8?B?SmFrZQ==?=

Is it possible to upgrade from Vista Enterprise to Ultimate?
I'm currently running Enterprise and have been for a while now, but plan on
purchasing Ultimate (for the MC features) and am wondering if I will have to
do a clean install or if an upgrade will be possible, especially given that
the difference between the two only seems to be activation requirements and
media features.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible without boing a clean install?
Ed Kraus

Re: Is it possible to upgrade from Vista Enterprise to Ultimate?
I havent tried it but it should be possible.

"Ed Kraus" wrote:

> I havent tried it but it should be possible.

Tried it, doesn't work. There's no upgrade path from Enterprise to Ultimate.
Looks like I'll be doing a clean install.
Donald L McDaniel

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 19:46:10 -0600, "Ed Kraus" <eykraus@gmail.com> wrote:

>I havent tried it but it should be possible.
>"Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I'm currently running Enterprise and have been for a while now, but plan
>> on
>> purchasing Ultimate (for the MC features) and am wondering if I will have
>> do a clean install or if an upgrade will be possible, especially given
>> that
>> the difference between the two only seems to be activation requirements
>> and
>> media features.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me if this is possible without boing a clean install?

Why would one want to do that?

The fact is, the Enterprise Edition IS Vista Ultimate with a volume license
instead of a single-user license.

If, on the otherhand, it's basically Business Edition with a volume license
rather than a single user license, Ultimate will upgrade it easily, without
having to do a clean install, since Business-to-Ultimate is a valid upgrade
path. As far as I know, anything-to-Ultimate are all valid upgrade paths
(except Windows 2000, in which case it will require a clean install of
Ultimate).

In any case, Enterprise Edition is not available to consumers, as far as I know.

Donald L McDaniel
Please Reply to the Original thread.