Activate on reinstall on new setup?

=?Utf-8?B?QXJpeA==?=

Activate on reinstall on new setup?
My issue is that installed Windows vista ultimate edition 32 bit on my
computer, who had a abit aa8xe motherboard, so I bought an abit aw9d-max and
a new cpu.

I have now installed the 64 bit version of vista who came in the same
package but I cant activate cause all it says is that its already activated...

Is it possible to delete the first activation and re-activate it on my new
setup?

Plz help...
Gary VanderMolen

Re: Activate on reinstall on new setup?
"Arix" <Arix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40F93D15-2126-4A19-A281-A907F2616C51@microsoft.com...
> My issue is that installed Windows vista ultimate edition 32 bit on my
> computer, who had a abit aa8xe motherboard, so I bought an abit aw9d-max and
> a new cpu.
>
> I have now installed the 64 bit version of vista who came in the same
> package but I cant activate cause all it says is that its already activated...
>
> Is it possible to delete the first activation and re-activate it on my new
> setup?
>
> Plz help...

The activation screen should give you a phone number to call.
Make the call and explain the circumstances. I'm sure MS
will grant you a manual reactivation.

--
Gary VanderMolen

John Barnett MVP

Re: Activate on reinstall on new setup?
Call the Vista activation line. Explain what you have done. I cannot see why
they can't assist with a manual activation. Incidentally, I haven't tried
tried the activation phone line but, if it is anything like XP then it is
automated. You need to be at your pc to go through the activation procedure.
Obviously with the sytem being automated and you not being able to activate
over the internet the automated system will again, probably, refuse.
However, be patient because, after the initial refusal, you should be put
through to a 'real' person who you can explain your problem to. With XP the
activation used to take around 10 minutes or so. It is a free phone (toll
free) number so it's not going to cost you anything, other than the time it
takes to explain the problem.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert