Installing Ultimate over Premium, Rather TRYING to!

Seidell23231

Installing Ultimate over Premium, Rather TRYING to!
Hello ALL,

Well I am all jazzed, finally after way to much research, I bought my HP
Pavillion Elite m1950f, which comes with Vista Home Premium loaded. About
3-4 months ago, I bought Ultimate Upgrade version and its been sitting idle.
So, I try to upgrade today and 3/4 of the way through it says, stopped
compatiability problem, restarts, rollbacks, back to square one! I run the
MS compat as suggested and it finds a device issue with a driver. So I
uninstall the driver, rerun the compat and NO problems, says all GREEN!
Attempt 2 time to upgrade, 3/4 through, bingo same problem. Restart,
rollback, comp test again, NO problems All Green! The 3rd try same thing.
So here I come to the Guru's for your knowledge and wisdom!

What am I missing here? Upgrade from Prem to Ultimate I would think would
be a walk in the park! When I upgraded my older system from XP to Ultimate,
went though first time, not even a hiccup. So can someone show me the light
at the end of the tunnel.................

Thanks Gunny!
Seidell23231

RE: Installing Ultimate over Premium, Rather TRYING to!
BUMP.... Need HELP!!!

"Seidell23231" wrote:

> Hello ALL,
>
> Well I am all jazzed, finally after way to much research, I bought my HP
> Pavillion Elite m1950f, which comes with Vista Home Premium loaded. About
> 3-4 months ago, I bought Ultimate Upgrade version and its been sitting idle.
> So, I try to upgrade today and 3/4 of the way through it says, stopped
> compatiability problem, restarts, rollbacks, back to square one! I run the
> MS compat as suggested and it finds a device issue with a driver. So I
> uninstall the driver, rerun the compat and NO problems, says all GREEN!
> Attempt 2 time to upgrade, 3/4 through, bingo same problem. Restart,
> rollback, comp test again, NO problems All Green! The 3rd try same thing.
> So here I come to the Guru's for your knowledge and wisdom!
>
> What am I missing here? Upgrade from Prem to Ultimate I would think would
> be a walk in the park! When I upgraded my older system from XP to Ultimate,
> went though first time, not even a hiccup. So can someone show me the light
> at the end of the tunnel.................
>
> Thanks Gunny!

DL

Re: Installing Ultimate over Premium, Rather TRYING to!
You dont mention the device it had issues with

"Seidell23231" <Seidell23231@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> BUMP.... Need HELP!!!
>
> "Seidell23231" wrote:
>
>> Hello ALL,
>>
>> Well I am all jazzed, finally after way to much research, I bought my HP
>> Pavillion Elite m1950f, which comes with Vista Home Premium loaded.
>> About
>> 3-4 months ago, I bought Ultimate Upgrade version and its been sitting
>> idle.
>> So, I try to upgrade today and 3/4 of the way through it says, stopped
>> compatiability problem, restarts, rollbacks, back to square one! I run
>> the
>> MS compat as suggested and it finds a device issue with a driver. So I
>> uninstall the driver, rerun the compat and NO problems, says all GREEN!
>> Attempt 2 time to upgrade, 3/4 through, bingo same problem. Restart,
>> rollback, comp test again, NO problems All Green! The 3rd try same
>> thing.
>> So here I come to the Guru's for your knowledge and wisdom!
>>
>> What am I missing here? Upgrade from Prem to Ultimate I would think
>> would
>> be a walk in the park! When I upgraded my older system from XP to
>> Ultimate,
>> went though first time, not even a hiccup. So can someone show me the
>> light
>> at the end of the tunnel.................
>>
>> Thanks Gunny!

Brink

Seidell23231;634169 Wrote:
> Hello ALL,
>
> Well I am all jazzed, finally after way to much research, I bought my
> HP
> Pavillion Elite m1950f, which comes with Vista Home Premium loaded.
> About
> 3-4 months ago, I bought Ultimate Upgrade version and its been sitting
> idle.
> So, I try to upgrade today and 3/4 of the way through it says, stopped
> compatiability problem, restarts, rollbacks, back to square one! I run
> the
> MS compat as suggested and it finds a device issue with a driver. So I
> uninstall the driver, rerun the compat and NO problems, says all GREEN!
> Attempt 2 time to upgrade, 3/4 through, bingo same problem. Restart,
> rollback, comp test again, NO problems All Green! The 3rd try same
> thing.
> So here I come to the Guru's for your knowledge and wisdom!
>
> What am I missing here? Upgrade from Prem to Ultimate I would think
> would
> be a walk in the park! When I upgraded my older system from XP to
> Ultimate,
> went though first time, not even a hiccup. So can someone show me the
> light
> at the end of the tunnel.................
>
> Thanks Gunny!

Hi Gunny,

Do you have more than 3GB of RAM? If so, try temporarily removing the
extra until the install is finished.

Are you running the upgrade install from within the Home Premium
edition?

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Seidell23231

Re: Installing Ultimate over Premium, Rather TRYING to!
Hey DL and Brink,

Thanks for your contact, here are the aswers to your questions:

DL~Q: The device it was having troubles with was, "Lite-On USB Wireless
Adapter".
REPLY: I went to HP Support and Downloaded and installed the upgrade. I
again tried to install Ultimate and the same error stopped the upgrade. I
then went into the "Device Mgr" and Uninstalled the device, reran the upgrade
advisor. This time it came back with NO issues, ALL areas were now marked
with a GREEN check mark! So, Again I tried to install the upgrade and the
same problem and yada, yada, yada! But this time when I ran upgrade advisor,
it stated there were NO issues! So I don't understand why it says it is
stopping the install due to device compat prob, tells me to run upgrade
advisor and fix the problem, but there is NO problem, a GHOST maybe?

Shawn~Q1: Do you have more than 3GB of RAM? If so, try temporarily removing
the extra until the install is finished.
REPLY: The system came loaded with 3GB. I have not tried this option yet.
Whats the problem with 3GB or more when, installing Ultimate Upgrade?

Shawn~Q2: Are you running the upgrade install from within the Home Premium
edition?
REPLY: Yes I have been trying it this way, since I have the "UPGRADE"
version of Ultimate. Problem, Why?

Everything is on HOLD ~~ I am awaiting your respones!

Thankds ~~ Gunny

"Brink" wrote:

> Seidell23231;634169 Wrote:
> > Hello ALL,
> >
> > Well I am all jazzed, finally after way to much research, I bought my
> > HP
> > Pavillion Elite m1950f, which comes with Vista Home Premium loaded.
> > About
> > 3-4 months ago, I bought Ultimate Upgrade version and its been sitting
> > idle.
> > So, I try to upgrade today and 3/4 of the way through it says, stopped
> > compatiability problem, restarts, rollbacks, back to square one! I run
> > the
> > MS compat as suggested and it finds a device issue with a driver. So I
> > uninstall the driver, rerun the compat and NO problems, says all GREEN!
> > Attempt 2 time to upgrade, 3/4 through, bingo same problem. Restart,
> > rollback, comp test again, NO problems All Green! The 3rd try same
> > thing.
> > So here I come to the Guru's for your knowledge and wisdom!
> >
> > What am I missing here? Upgrade from Prem to Ultimate I would think
> > would
> > be a walk in the park! When I upgraded my older system from XP to
> > Ultimate,
> > went though first time, not even a hiccup. So can someone show me the
> > light
> > at the end of the tunnel.................
> >
> > Thanks Gunny!

> Hi Gunny,
>
> Do you have more than 3GB of RAM? If so, try temporarily removing the
> extra until the install is finished.
>
> Are you running the upgrade install from within the Home Premium
> edition?
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> Brink

> '*Vista x64 Forums*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)

Mick Murphy

Re: Installing Ultimate over Premium, Rather TRYING to!
Disconnect all Peripherals except mouse, monitor and keyboard.
Also, disable Anti-virus while upgrading.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Seidell23231" wrote:

> [...]
> > > Ultimate,
> > > went though first time, not even a hiccup. So can someone show me the
> > > light
> > > at the end of the tunnel.................
> > >
> > > Thanks Gunny!

> > Hi Gunny,
> >
> > Do you have more than 3GB of RAM? If so, try temporarily removing the
> > extra until the install is finished.
> >
> > Are you running the upgrade install from within the Home Premium
> > edition?
> >
> > Shawn
> >

> > --
> > Brink
> >
> > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > '*Vista x64 Forums*'
> > (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> > *Please post feedback to help others.*

DL

Re: Installing Ultimate over Premium, Rather TRYING to!
As Mick says, disconnect all periferals

news0103750-8C31-43AA-847C-05CEF9709B35@microsoft.com...