Why would my computer restart repeatedly at end of installation?

=?Utf-8?B?amJyb2tlcjczMjE=?=

Why would my computer restart repeatedly at end of installation?
I have just finished building my machine and put in the Windows Vista
Ultimate installation disc and it went through most of the installation fine
but at the end after the actual downloading window closes it just starts
rebooting over an over again. It comes up with a message sometimes that says
something like "an unexpected error has unexpectedly occurred click ok to
restart and reinstall Windows" so I did that and it still restarts at the
same point in the installation process. What do I do?
Adam Albright

Re: Why would my computer restart repeatedly at end of installation?
On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 14:33:15 -0800, jbroker7321
<jbroker7321@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have just finished building my machine and put in the Windows Vista
>Ultimate installation disc and it went through most of the installation fine
>but at the end after the actual downloading window closes it just starts
>rebooting over an over again. It comes up with a message sometimes that says
>something like "an unexpected error has unexpectedly occurred click ok to
>restart and reinstall Windows" so I did that and it still restarts at the
>same point in the installation process. What do I do?

You need to isolate what's causing the error and remedy it or you'll
never get out of the loop. Probably a driver issue. What did the Vista
Update Advisor say? If you haven't downloaded it (on Microsoft's site)
and run it while still in XP (free download) do that and see what if
anything it nags about. Even things it says may not be a problem often
end up being problems once you start the install. Just the nature of
doing something as complex as installing a operating system. Probably
the more stressful time in your computer's life, can be too for people
trying to do it. ;-)

=?Utf-8?B?amJyb2tlcjczMjE=?=

Re: Why would my computer restart repeatedly at end of installatio
Okay, but where do I get XP to put on my computer to get the Update Advisor.