Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

uninstall vista and install xp professional

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2007
=?Utf-8?B?SmVhbm5pbmU=?=
 

Posts: n/a
uninstall vista and install xp professional
I purchased 2 dell pc's that came with vista home. We need to log on to a
domain so I installed vista business.

Almost every software program that I try to install is not compatible. I
want to uninstall vista and install xp professional.

Does anyone know how to uninstall vista. I tried booting from the xp disc
to format the drives and begin a fresh install of xp prof but it will not let
me.

Help!!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2007
David B.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: uninstall vista and install xp professional
Rather than trying to format the existing partition, delete it and create a
new one.

--

----
Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.db-pc.com
__________________________________________________ _______________________________


"Jeannine" <Jeannine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:73D58F69-AFDA-4BE8-A3BD-91267E6AEE23@microsoft.com...
>I purchased 2 dell pc's that came with vista home. We need to log on to a
> domain so I installed vista business.
>
> Almost every software program that I try to install is not compatible. I
> want to uninstall vista and install xp professional.
>
> Does anyone know how to uninstall vista. I tried booting from the xp disc
> to format the drives and begin a fresh install of xp prof but it will not
> let
> me.
>
> Help!!!!


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2007
=?Utf-8?B?SmVhbm5pbmU=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: uninstall vista and install xp professional
How can I delete it? The way I did it in the past was to boot from the xp
disc and than delete; but vista will not let me boot fromt the xp disc.

"David B." wrote:

> Rather than trying to format the existing partition, delete it and create a
> new one.
>
> --
>
> ----
> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
> __________________________________________________ _______________________________
>
>
> "Jeannine" <Jeannine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:73D58F69-AFDA-4BE8-A3BD-91267E6AEE23@microsoft.com...
> >I purchased 2 dell pc's that came with vista home. We need to log on to a
> > domain so I installed vista business.
> >
> > Almost every software program that I try to install is not compatible. I
> > want to uninstall vista and install xp professional.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to uninstall vista. I tried booting from the xp disc
> > to format the drives and begin a fresh install of xp prof but it will not
> > let
> > me.
> >
> > Help!!!!

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2007
David B.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: uninstall vista and install xp professional
Vista has no say in what boots from the CD drive, it happens before Vista is
in operation and is controlled by the BIOS, make sure your boot order is set
to CD first.

--

----
Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.db-pc.com
__________________________________________________ _______________________________


"Jeannine" <Jeannine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:33E54C04-292F-47D3-ADB8-E7A84BED070F@microsoft.com...
> How can I delete it? The way I did it in the past was to boot from the xp
> disc and than delete; but vista will not let me boot fromt the xp disc.
>
> "David B." wrote:
>
>> Rather than trying to format the existing partition, delete it and create
>> a
>> new one.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ----
>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>> http://www.db-pc.com
>> __________________________________________________ _______________________________
>>
>>
>> "Jeannine" <Jeannine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:73D58F69-AFDA-4BE8-A3BD-91267E6AEE23@microsoft.com...
>> >I purchased 2 dell pc's that came with vista home. We need to log on to
>> >a
>> > domain so I installed vista business.
>> >
>> > Almost every software program that I try to install is not compatible.
>> > I
>> > want to uninstall vista and install xp professional.
>> >
>> > Does anyone know how to uninstall vista. I tried booting from the xp
>> > disc
>> > to format the drives and begin a fresh install of xp prof but it will
>> > not
>> > let
>> > me.
>> >
>> > Help!!!!

>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't install/uninstall anything...says I'm already doing it =?Utf-8?B?c2VhbiBpbiBkLmMu?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 4 10-28-2009 18:35
Slow Install/Uninstall =?Utf-8?B?QndhbmFKaW0=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 03-28-2007 02:48
Upgrade from XP Professional to Vista Ultimate =?Utf-8?B?RGFkZHlvNzQ=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 02-21-2007 01:34
can't install or uninstall nero 7 =?Utf-8?B?bXVzdGll?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 02-18-2007 16:27
Vista Install fails - needs a program uninstall =?Utf-8?B?QWxleGl1cw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 02-13-2007 15:06




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:19.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120