Outllook 2007

Mae

Outllook 2007
I successfully installed Outlook 2007. It went through the configuration
process and rebooted. When I try to open the application, I am getting an
Outlook.exe error message that says MSVCR80.dll component missing and it
suggested that I uninstall and reinstall which I've done four times. Before
it closes the program, it says that the problem is with the MS Operating
System. I went to the website and downloaded Vista SP1 . I was able to open
the app one time by accessing it directly from the D: drive where the
software was loaded. It overrode the shutdown of the program one time and I
then got an error message for the missing component RTFHTML.dll. I've
searched the pc and have located both of these components in multiple areas.

I am using an Acer Aspire 3100 pc. An acquaintance at MS told me that
there's some conflict with Acer, but I don't see any warning on the software
box that tells me I should expect anything but wonderful results.
DL

Re: Outllook 2007
There are reports that this can be caused by an addin, either
Norton or Acer figerprint reader (eDataSecurity)
are you able to open Outlook using the safe switch?
Is there an update or FAQ on Acer site regarding the fingerprint reader?

You could try this;
1. open the regsitry editor
2. got key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\
3. Locate the add-in (eDataSecurity)
4. set the LoadBehavior to 0

"Mae" <Mae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I successfully installed Outlook 2007. It went through the configuration
> process and rebooted. When I try to open the application, I am getting an
> Outlook.exe error message that says MSVCR80.dll component missing and it
> suggested that I uninstall and reinstall which I've done four times.
> Before
> it closes the program, it says that the problem is with the MS Operating
> System. I went to the website and downloaded Vista SP1 . I was able to
> open
> the app one time by accessing it directly from the D: drive where the
> software was loaded. It overrode the shutdown of the program one time and
> then got an error message for the missing component RTFHTML.dll. I've
> searched the pc and have located both of these components in multiple
> areas.
>
> I am using an Acer Aspire 3100 pc. An acquaintance at MS told me that
> there's some conflict with Acer, but I don't see any warning on the
> software
> box that tells me I should expect anything but wonderful results.

Mae

Re: Outllook 2007
DL - Thank you for the information. I don't feel confident enough to mess
with the registry. I spoke to someone at Geek Squad after posting this
message and he suggested that my problem is a result of the free 90 trial
Office software that was preloaded on the pc. He suggested that I do a disc
recovery and restore Windows. He said that you never fully uninstall the
eval software. Can you believe that?

"DL" wrote:

> There are reports that this can be caused by an addin, either
> Norton or Acer figerprint reader (eDataSecurity)
> are you able to open Outlook using the safe switch?
> Is there an update or FAQ on Acer site regarding the fingerprint reader?
>
> You could try this;
> 1. open the regsitry editor
> 2. got key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\
> 3. Locate the add-in (eDataSecurity)
> 4. set the LoadBehavior to 0
>

> "Mae" <Mae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I successfully installed Outlook 2007. It went through the configuration
> > process and rebooted. When I try to open the application, I am getting an
> > Outlook.exe error message that says MSVCR80.dll component missing and it
> > suggested that I uninstall and reinstall which I've done four times.
> > Before
> > it closes the program, it says that the problem is with the MS Operating
> > System. I went to the website and downloaded Vista SP1 . I was able to
> > open
> > the app one time by accessing it directly from the D: drive where the
> > software was loaded. It overrode the shutdown of the program one time and
> > then got an error message for the missing component RTFHTML.dll. I've
> > searched the pc and have located both of these components in multiple
> > areas.
> >
> > I am using an Acer Aspire 3100 pc. An acquaintance at MS told me that
> > there's some conflict with Acer, but I don't see any warning on the
> > software
> > box that tells me I should expect anything but wonderful results.

DL

Re: Outllook 2007
That is patently incorrect
If a trial was provided & you recover your PC to factory specs then the
trial will also be recovered.

However it is neccessary to uninstall any trial prior to installing a retail
version, and in any case if the trial was installed you wouldnt be able to
install your version of Outlook since only a single instance of outlook can
be installed

If you open eg Word 2007, in Help about does it mention anything about
trial?

"Mae" <Mae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news396F50A-2C14-4D8E-A0EA-23B205D377B3@microsoft.com...
> DL - Thank you for the information. I don't feel confident enough to
> mess
> with the registry. I spoke to someone at Geek Squad after posting this
> message and he suggested that my problem is a result of the free 90 trial
> Office software that was preloaded on the pc. He suggested that I do a
> disc
> recovery and restore Windows. He said that you never fully uninstall the
> eval software. Can you believe that?
>

> "DL" wrote:
>
>> There are reports that this can be caused by an addin, either
>> Norton or Acer figerprint reader (eDataSecurity)
>> are you able to open Outlook using the safe switch?
>> Is there an update or FAQ on Acer site regarding the fingerprint reader?
>>
>> You could try this;
>> 1. open the regsitry editor
>> 2. got key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\
>> 3. Locate the add-in (eDataSecurity)
>> 4. set the LoadBehavior to 0
>>

>> "Mae" <Mae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I successfully installed Outlook 2007. It went through the
>> >configuration
>> > process and rebooted. When I try to open the application, I am getting
>> > an
>> > Outlook.exe error message that says MSVCR80.dll component missing and
>> > it
>> > suggested that I uninstall and reinstall which I've done four times.
>> > Before
>> > it closes the program, it says that the problem is with the MS
>> > Operating
>> > System. I went to the website and downloaded Vista SP1 . I was able
>> > open
>> > the app one time by accessing it directly from the D: drive where the
>> > software was loaded. It overrode the shutdown of the program one time
>> > and
>> > then got an error message for the missing component RTFHTML.dll. I've
>> > searched the pc and have located both of these components in multiple
>> > areas.
>> >
>> > I am using an Acer Aspire 3100 pc. An acquaintance at MS told me that
>> > there's some conflict with Acer, but I don't see any warning on the
>> > software
>> > box that tells me I should expect anything but wonderful results.

Mae

Re: Outllook 2007
I checked for "trial". It is not there.

The Outlook 2007 was a separate purchase. I opted to purchase Home &
Student 2007 version and then purchased Outlook 2007 (not part of the
original suite).

I see what you're saying about the recovery. Would you recommend that I do
it in a multi-step process? Delete the Home/Student 2007 software; Recover
the original factory settings to get the dll's back in line; delete the eval
copy of MS Office; reinstall Home/Student; reinstall Outlook 2007? Do you
think that would get it?

Thank you for your help

"DL" wrote:

> That is patently incorrect
> If a trial was provided & you recover your PC to factory specs then the
> trial will also be recovered.
>
> However it is neccessary to uninstall any trial prior to installing a retail
> version, and in any case if the trial was installed you wouldnt be able to
> install your version of Outlook since only a single instance of outlook can
> be installed
>
> If you open eg Word 2007, in Help about does it mention anything about
> trial?
>
> "Mae" <Mae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news396F50A-2C14-4D8E-A0EA-23B205D377B3@microsoft.com...
> > DL - Thank you for the information. I don't feel confident enough to
> > mess
> > with the registry. I spoke to someone at Geek Squad after posting this
> > message and he suggested that my problem is a result of the free 90 trial
> > Office software that was preloaded on the pc. He suggested that I do a
> > disc
> > recovery and restore Windows. He said that you never fully uninstall the
> > eval software. Can you believe that?
> >

> > "DL" wrote:
> >
> >> There are reports that this can be caused by an addin, either
> >> Norton or Acer figerprint reader (eDataSecurity)
> >> are you able to open Outlook using the safe switch?
> >> Is there an update or FAQ on Acer site regarding the fingerprint reader?
> >>
> >> You could try this;
> >> 1. open the regsitry editor
> >> 2. got key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\
> >> 3. Locate the add-in (eDataSecurity)
> >> 4. set the LoadBehavior to 0

DL

Re: Outllook 2007
The evaluation cannot have been installed, otherwise you wouldnt have been
able to install Outlook
If there is an entry in Add/Remove dialogue or the evaluation copy then
uninstall it

If the problem is with the Acer Figerprint reader then any
uninstall/reinstall or reset to origonal condition is not going to help.
Have you tried starting outlook from the run command?

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Outlook.exe " /safe
or
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Outlook.exe " /noextensions

Have you looked on Acer site for any FAQ's regarding the reader, or checked
for any Acer updates?

>I checked for "trial". It is not there.
>
> The Outlook 2007 was a separate purchase. I opted to purchase Home &
> Student 2007 version and then purchased Outlook 2007 (not part of the
> original suite).
>
> I see what you're saying about the recovery. Would you recommend that I
> do
> it in a multi-step process? Delete the Home/Student 2007 software;
> Recover
> the original factory settings to get the dll's back in line; delete the
> eval
> copy of MS Office; reinstall Home/Student; reinstall Outlook 2007? Do you
> think that would get it?
>
> Thank you for your help
>

> "DL" wrote:
>
>> That is patently incorrect
>> If a trial was provided & you recover your PC to factory specs then the
>> trial will also be recovered.
>>
>> However it is neccessary to uninstall any trial prior to installing a
>> retail
>> version, and in any case if the trial was installed you wouldnt be able
>> install your version of Outlook since only a single instance of outlook
>> can
>> be installed
>>
>> If you open eg Word 2007, in Help about does it mention anything about
>> trial?
>>
>> "Mae" <Mae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news396F50A-2C14-4D8E-A0EA-23B205D377B3@microsoft.com...
>> > DL - Thank you for the information. I don't feel confident enough to
>> > mess
>> > with the registry. I spoke to someone at Geek Squad after posting this
>> > message and he suggested that my problem is a result of the free 90
>> > trial
>> > Office software that was preloaded on the pc. He suggested that I do a
>> > disc
>> > recovery and restore Windows. He said that you never fully uninstall
>> > the
>> > eval software. Can you believe that?

Mae

Re: Outllook 2007
DL -

Thank you for working with me on this problem. I was just about ready to
give up! I took your advice about going through the safe mode. While I was
there, I did a disc recovery and between the two, I now have a perfectly
functioning copy of Outlook 2007. Thank you very much!

Mae

"DL" wrote:

> The evaluation cannot have been installed, otherwise you wouldnt have been
> able to install Outlook
> If there is an entry in Add/Remove dialogue or the evaluation copy then
> uninstall it
>
> If the problem is with the Acer Figerprint reader then any
> uninstall/reinstall or reset to origonal condition is not going to help.
> Have you tried starting outlook from the run command?
>
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Outlook.exe " /safe
> or
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Outlook.exe " /noextensions
>
> Have you looked on Acer site for any FAQ's regarding the reader, or checked
> for any Acer updates?
>

> "Mae" <Mae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I checked for "trial". It is not there.
> >
> > The Outlook 2007 was a separate purchase. I opted to purchase Home &
> > Student 2007 version and then purchased Outlook 2007 (not part of the
> > original suite).
> >
> > I see what you're saying about the recovery. Would you recommend that I
> > do
> > it in a multi-step process? Delete the Home/Student 2007 software;
> > Recover
> > the original factory settings to get the dll's back in line; delete the
> > eval
> > copy of MS Office; reinstall Home/Student; reinstall Outlook 2007? Do you
> > think that would get it?
> >
> > Thank you for your help
> >

> > "DL" wrote:
> >
> >> That is patently incorrect
> >> If a trial was provided & you recover your PC to factory specs then the
> >> trial will also be recovered.
> >>
> >> However it is neccessary to uninstall any trial prior to installing a
> >> retail
> >> version, and in any case if the trial was installed you wouldnt be able
> >> install your version of Outlook since only a single instance of outlook
> >> can
> >> be installed
> >>
> >> If you open eg Word 2007, in Help about does it mention anything about
> >> trial?
> >>
> >> "Mae" <Mae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news396F50A-2C14-4D8E-A0EA-23B205D377B3@microsoft.com...

DL