Password lock out

vickie1978

Password lock out
I recently bought a new Sony Vaio laptop running Vista Home Premium, I used
the Easy Transfer to move across from my old XP PC & now I cannot log into
the laptop. Before transferring I had set up a password on the laptop, then
after I used the Easy Transfer it was still asking for a password however it
will not accept the password I set up on the laptop & there was never any
password set up on the XP PC. So now I have a laptop I can't even get into.
Please help!
Brink

Re: Password lock out

vickie1978;633033 Wrote:
> I recently bought a new Sony Vaio laptop running Vista Home Premium, I
> used
> the Easy Transfer to move across from my old XP PC & now I cannot log
> into
> the laptop. Before transferring I had set up a password on the laptop,
> then
> after I used the Easy Transfer it was still asking for a password
> however it
> will not accept the password I set up on the laptop & there was never
> any
> password set up on the XP PC. So now I have a laptop I can't even get
> into.
> Please help!

Hi Vickie,

This will show you how to reset the password so that you can gain
access again. You will probably have to use Method Three in your case.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...-password.html

Hope this helps you,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
John Barnes

Re: Password lock out
If you had no password set, hitting enter with an empty password field
usually will work