windows activation

Petejs

windows activation
i have just bought a machine from a friend and with it was given windows
vista 64 bit. Being paranoid I did a full format and installed everything
from scratch using the vista disk and product key supplied.

I have the original hologram disk and case and the sticker which i have
placed onto my computer case as directed however when i try to activate via
the net i am told that the product is already registered and i need to
purchase another licence.

the software is only installed on one machine what do i need to do
Rick Rogers

Re: windows activation
Hi Petejs,

It was already activated automatically by your friend, so subsequent
activations need to be done over the phone. You do not need to purchase
another license. At the activation prompt, choose the phone method and
follow the prompts to enter your location and call the phone number
provided. If the automated sequence fails, just hold the line for a real
live person to assist you.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Petejs" <Petejs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have just bought a machine from a friend and with it was given windows
> vista 64 bit. Being paranoid I did a full format and installed everything
> from scratch using the vista disk and product key supplied.
>
> I have the original hologram disk and case and the sticker which i have
> placed onto my computer case as directed however when i try to activate
> via
> the net i am told that the product is already registered and i need to
> purchase another licence.
>
> the software is only installed on one machine what do i need to do

Petejs

Re: windows activation
thankyou thats worked

Pete