Windows OS Overall Problems

Jean-Luc H.

Windows OS Overall Problems
Hello windows vista community

Ill get strait to the point.

I'm getting tons of problems with vista after my last clean install.

Some of these problems include:

-unnable to install Daemon tool, receiving an unknow error saying "contact
support"
-unnable to install Power ISO, same type of problem
-unnable to install Alcohol 120%, same problem
(any virtual drive software)

-Windows photo gallery slideshow remains on the Loading screen (clock
picture with loading... under it) and doesnt display any pictures, pressing
escape leaves the slideshow and returns to the photo gallery.

-many other problems such as autoplay's in software failing to start
automaticly(need to manualy open the file) (ex. ATi display driver, suppose
to automaticly start the install process after extraction inside
"C:\ATI\SUPPORT\7-12_vista32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_55816\Driver" but fails. I
needed to manuaqly open the file to start the install).

These problems never affected me in the past with windows. I simply
reformated because of software issues unable to be restored with system
restore. I even activated windows imediatly after a clean vista install. I
am using prmium. I'm lost, please help.

J-L

P.S I receive a firewall warning asking to block/unblock the explorer.exe
app. This never happened in the past, maybe it has something to do with my
problem.
Mick Murphy

RE: Windows OS Overall Problems
Just a thought!
When you clean install, do you delete the existing vista partition, as you
should?
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Jean-Luc H." wrote:

> Hello windows vista community
>
> Ill get strait to the point.
>
> I'm getting tons of problems with vista after my last clean install.
>
> Some of these problems include:
>
> -unnable to install Daemon tool, receiving an unknow error saying "contact
> support"
> -unnable to install Power ISO, same type of problem
> -unnable to install Alcohol 120%, same problem
> (any virtual drive software)
>
> -Windows photo gallery slideshow remains on the Loading screen (clock
> picture with loading... under it) and doesnt display any pictures, pressing
> escape leaves the slideshow and returns to the photo gallery.
>
> -many other problems such as autoplay's in software failing to start
> automaticly(need to manualy open the file) (ex. ATi display driver, suppose
> to automaticly start the install process after extraction inside
> "C:\ATI\SUPPORT\7-12_vista32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_55816\Driver" but fails. I
> needed to manuaqly open the file to start the install).
>
> These problems never affected me in the past with windows. I simply
> reformated because of software issues unable to be restored with system
> restore. I even activated windows imediatly after a clean vista install. I
> am using prmium. I'm lost, please help.
>
> J-L
>
> P.S I receive a firewall warning asking to block/unblock the explorer.exe
> app. This never happened in the past, maybe it has something to do with my
> problem.

Rick Rogers

Re: Windows OS Overall Problems
Hi Jean-Luc,

If the system was connected to a network during setup, then there is a
possibility that malware may have gotten on the system before you ever
completed the installation. Disconnect the system and retry the clean
install. Immediately afterwards install motherboard chipset and video
drivers, and it wouldn't hurt to reboot inbetween as it sounds like the msi
installer routine on your current installation is jammed.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jean-Luc H." <JeanLucH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello windows vista community
>
> Ill get strait to the point.
>
> I'm getting tons of problems with vista after my last clean install.
>
> Some of these problems include:
>
> -unnable to install Daemon tool, receiving an unknow error saying "contact
> support"
> -unnable to install Power ISO, same type of problem
> -unnable to install Alcohol 120%, same problem
> (any virtual drive software)
>
> -Windows photo gallery slideshow remains on the Loading screen (clock
> picture with loading... under it) and doesnt display any pictures,
> pressing
> escape leaves the slideshow and returns to the photo gallery.
>
> -many other problems such as autoplay's in software failing to start
> automaticly(need to manualy open the file) (ex. ATi display driver,
> suppose
> to automaticly start the install process after extraction inside
> "C:\ATI\SUPPORT\7-12_vista32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_55816\Driver" but fails. I
> needed to manuaqly open the file to start the install).
>
> These problems never affected me in the past with windows. I simply
> reformated because of software issues unable to be restored with system
> restore. I even activated windows imediatly after a clean vista install.
> am using prmium. I'm lost, please help.
>
> J-L
>
> P.S I receive a firewall warning asking to block/unblock the explorer.exe
> app. This never happened in the past, maybe it has something to do with
> my
> problem.

Jean-Luc H.

Re: Windows OS Overall Problems
Thx, I will try this as soon as I Complete some high priority work.
Therefore tonight or tomorow. Thanks again.

J-L