vista home basic won't connect to internet! help need

johny

vista home basic won't connect to internet! help need
My vista laptop is having a problem connecting to the internet through DSL
connection.
I already read the article on
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...8d0a81033.mspx
it doesn’t work!

I got a vista home basic laptop and a xp pro sp2 PC (English).
I network this 2 computers via non-wireless router (corega sw05tx).
I am using a DSL Internet.

-if I try to connect only the xp machine to the Internet. it always work.
- if I try to connect only vista laptop to the Internet, it hardly make it.
Sometime it did connected but It will disconnected soon with not reason or
error code. Most of the time it won’t connect at all. I did connect it
directly through broadband DSL without router, and it did the same. (can not
connect).
-if I connect the xp machine to the Internet first, then vista.
both of them will work will no problem. So now, if I want to use an Internet
on my vista laptop I have to turn on my xp pc first.

What is the problem and what can I do?
Please help!
thanks

Bob F.

Re: vista home basic won't connect to internet! help need
"johny" <johny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My vista laptop is having a problem connecting to the internet through DSL
> connection.
> I already read the article on
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...8d0a81033.mspx
> it doesn’t work!
>
> I got a vista home basic laptop and a xp pro sp2 PC (English).
> I network this 2 computers via non-wireless router (corega sw05tx).
> I am using a DSL Internet.
>
> -if I try to connect only the xp machine to the Internet. it always work.
> - if I try to connect only vista laptop to the Internet, it hardly make
> it.
> Sometime it did connected but It will disconnected soon with not reason or
> error code. Most of the time it won’t connect at all. I did connect it
> directly through broadband DSL without router, and it did the same. (can
> not
> connect).
> -if I connect the xp machine to the Internet first, then vista.
> both of them will work will no problem. So now, if I want to use an
> Internet
> on my vista laptop I have to turn on my xp pc first.
>
> What is the problem and what can I do?
> Please help!
> thanks

After both of them are in the working state can you please provide an
'ipconfig /all' dump from the cmd prompt for us. I can't find anything about
this router on the internet in English. Are there any configuration item
in it?

--
BobF.