Windows Update Keeps failing installation.

=?Utf-8?B?U3R1c2VydmVy?=

Windows Update Keeps failing installation.
Windows Update, keeps failing in installing, language packs for my Windows
Vista. I have an Spanish version, and an english speaker in my house. So I
want to install the english package so that the english speaker can use
Vista. But the installation keeps failing, saying error code:1, and I am not
sure what to do about it.

Where can I download the United States language package, so that I can
install it at any time besides having to download it from the Windows Update
website?

Is it possible to slip-stream the language package so that I can also choose
to install it while Vista is installing?

Thanks.
--
Stuserver
Ed Kraus

Re: Windows Update Keeps failing installation.
my segestion would be to just reinstall Vista.
"Stuserver" <Stuserver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows Update, keeps failing in installing, language packs for my Windows
> Vista. I have an Spanish version, and an english speaker in my house. So
> want to install the english package so that the english speaker can use
> Vista. But the installation keeps failing, saying error code:1, and I am
> not
> sure what to do about it.
>
> Where can I download the United States language package, so that I can
> install it at any time besides having to download it from the Windows
> Update
> website?
>
> Is it possible to slip-stream the language package so that I can also
> choose
> to install it while Vista is installing?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Stuserver

=?Utf-8?B?U3R1c2VydmVy?=

Re: Windows Update Keeps failing installation.
This is the third time I re-install Vista, and it keeps failing while trying
to install the English Language from Windows Update.

I have managed to copy the ORIGINAL downloaded file from Windows Update
about the English Language. However, it has no file extension, and it has a
bunch of numbers and letters for it. I renamed the file with the .cab
extension, and managed to extract the files to a certain folder. I went to
the Install Languages under Control Panel, and pinpointed it to the folder
where I extracted the files. It says, that there isn't no installation files
there. But there is a bunch of folders, and .MUI files in them. What can I
DO? You guys at Microsoft are tempting me to go with either Linux, or Mac
for software solutions as their software doesn't fail that much.

--
Stuserver