Product key

Manfred

Product key
Hello,

Is it possible to install an Premium version of Vista With a Ultimate key ??
And if it is possible, HOW ?

I want to Install Premium because of all the security options.

Grtz Manfred
Dwarf

RE: Product key
Hi Manfred,

Sorry, but that is not possible. A product key is tied to the specific
version of Vista that it is intended for. If it wasn't, then people would go
and buy the Home basic version (because it is the cheapest) and then install
Ultimate. I am not sure why you would want to install Home Premium when you
have got the Ultimate version anyway, since the Ultimate version contains
everything in the Home Premium version together with everything in the
Business version. Since you mention security, Ultimate has the bitlocker
drive protection facility whereas Home Premium does not.
Dwarf

"Manfred" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to install an Premium version of Vista With a Ultimate key ??
> And if it is possible, HOW ?
>
> I want to Install Premium because of all the security options.
>
> Grtz Manfred

Brink

Re: Product key

Manfred;630061 Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to install an Premium version of Vista With a Ultimate
> key ??
> And if it is possible, HOW ?
>
> I want to Install Premium because of all the security options.
>
> Grtz Manfred

Hi Manfred,

Sorry, no. You can only use the same product key to use for the 32 bit
or 64 bit version of the same Vista edition.

The Ultimate edition has more features and options than the Home
Premium edition. I would stick with the Ultimate edition. See:

'Windows Vista: Compare Editions'
(http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ns/choose.mspx)

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Pushpa

RE: Product key

cou

ld you tell me how to find the product key please?

"Manfred" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to install an Premium version of Vista With a Ultimate key ??
> And if it is possible, HOW ?
>
> I want to Install Premium because of all the security options.
>
> Grtz Manfred

Brink

Re: Product key

Pushpa;630554 Wrote:

> could you tell me how to find the product key please?
>
> "Manfred" wrote:
> > > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Is it possible to install an Premium version of Vista With a Ultimate

> > key ??
> > > And if it is possible, HOW ?
> > >
> > > I want to Install Premium because of all the security options.
> > >
> > > Grtz Manfred > >

Hi Pushpa,

This will help you find the product key number for your Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/85...ey-number.html

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
John Barnett MVP

Re: Product key
Manfred, the key you were initially issued with, i.e., Ultimate, will only
install ultimate. If you want to install Premium you will need a premium
key, so you will need to buy a premium copy of Vista. Remember 'all'
versions of Vista are stored on the same DVD and, when you purchase Vista,
your key relates to the product you purchased, it is to transferable to
another Vista version.

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows - Shell/User

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Manfred" <Manfred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to install an Premium version of Vista With a Ultimate key
> ??
> And if it is possible, HOW ?
>
> I want to Install Premium because of all the security options.
>
> Grtz Manfred

John Barnett MVP

Re: Product key
Pushpa, the product key should be on the DVD case that the Vista DVD came
in. If the version of vista was pre-installed by the manufacturer the
product key should be located either on the back of your PC tower (if it is
a desktop pc) or on the base of a laptop (if you have a laptop)

"Pushpa" <Pushpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> cou
>

> ld you tell me how to find the product key please?
>
> "Manfred" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is it possible to install an Premium version of Vista With a Ultimate key
>> ??
>> And if it is possible, HOW ?
>>
>> I want to Install Premium because of all the security options.
>>
>> Grtz Manfred

Dwarf

RE: Product key
Hi Pushpa,

The product key is located on the disk packaging if it is a retail version,
and on a sticker attached to your PC if it is an OEM version as is the case
when you buy a ready-built system. As stated in my previous post in this
thread, they are not interchangeable and will only work with the specific
version of Vista that they are intended for, ie Home Basic, Home Premium,
Business or Ultimate. The exception to this rule is that the same key can be
used to install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, although you can only have
one version installed at a time. This is true of the retail version, but I am
not sure if this applies to OEM versions.
Dwarf