> I reformat the HD from withing Vista, re-boot from the DVD and all the
> hardware will automatically source out their updated drivers?
You can't format a hard drive from within the operating system you are
trying to replace. You will need to boot from the Vista DVD and do the
clean install, including formatting, from there.
How to install Windows Vista - covers upgrade and clean install
There is no way anyone can answer whether Vista will see your drivers. You
should have the drivers available burned on a CD-R or USB thumb drive. See
below for general drivers information.
Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:
1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM computer
(HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).
Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.
To find out what hardware is in your computer:
1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific model
machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers anyway)
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor or System Information for Windows.
- Belarc Advisor
- System Information for Windows
Elephant Boy Computers