Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IIS 7.0 serves up nothing but blank pages on localhost

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2007
=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbEg=?=
 

Posts: n/a
IIS 7.0 serves up nothing but blank pages on localhost
I was happily running IIS 6 on XP SP2 and then I upgraded to Windows
Ultimate. It seems to have upgraded me to IIS 7 at the same time.
Regardless of what I try to browse on localhost, IIS 7 always just serves up
a blank page. Anybody got any clues?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2007
Harrison6565
 

Posts: n/a
RE: IIS 7.0 serves up nothing but blank pages on localhost
I have the exact same issues. And I re-installed iis 7.0 in my Vista Business
many
times still every time get the same result- http://localhost responds blank
page. I
wondered if this anything related to IUSR_xxxx(where xxxx is my machine
name) or
ASPNET account permissions??

Any ideas?? Please help...

"BillH" wrote:

> I was happily running IIS 6 on XP SP2 and then I upgraded to Windows
> Ultimate. It seems to have upgraded me to IIS 7 at the same time.
> Regardless of what I try to browse on localhost, IIS 7 always just serves up
> a blank page. Anybody got any clues?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2007
BillH
 

Posts: n/a
RE: IIS 7.0 serves up nothing but blank pages on localhost
For me it turned out to be Skype. Skype optionally listens on port 80 and
you can to into Tools, Options, Connection and uncheck the box by "Use port
80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections".

Skype must have turned this back on during one of the upgrade installs or
something as I remember turning this off once before. Anyway, that was the
first of several problems I had to go through with the upgrade to get things
working like they did under IIS 6.0. When I get time I'm going to uninstall
7.0, rename the configuration file from 6.0, and then do a clean install to
set things up from there.

Good luck!
Bill

"Harrison6565" wrote:

> I have the exact same issues. And I re-installed iis 7.0 in my Vista Business
> many
> times still every time get the same result- http://localhost responds blank
> page. I
> wondered if this anything related to IUSR_xxxx(where xxxx is my machine
> name) or
> ASPNET account permissions??
>
> Any ideas?? Please help...
>
> "BillH" wrote:
>
> > I was happily running IIS 6 on XP SP2 and then I upgraded to Windows
> > Ultimate. It seems to have upgraded me to IIS 7 at the same time.
> > Regardless of what I try to browse on localhost, IIS 7 always just serves up
> > a blank page. Anybody got any clues?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2007
Harrison6565
 

Posts: n/a
RE: IIS 7.0 serves up nothing but blank pages on localhost
Thanks for shedding the light, Bill. I went in to Tools|Options|Connections
but cannot see any checkbox by "Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for
incoming
connections". Is that something under other tabs? And according to your
experience,
what are the other steps to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
-Harrison6565



"BillH" wrote:

> For me it turned out to be Skype. Skype optionally listens on port 80 and
> you can to into Tools, Options, Connection and uncheck the box by "Use port
> 80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections".
>
> Skype must have turned this back on during one of the upgrade installs or
> something as I remember turning this off once before. Anyway, that was the
> first of several problems I had to go through with the upgrade to get things
> working like they did under IIS 6.0. When I get time I'm going to uninstall
> 7.0, rename the configuration file from 6.0, and then do a clean install to
> set things up from there.
>
> Good luck!
> Bill
>
> "Harrison6565" wrote:
>
> > I have the exact same issues. And I re-installed iis 7.0 in my Vista Business
> > many
> > times still every time get the same result- http://localhost responds blank
> > page. I
> > wondered if this anything related to IUSR_xxxx(where xxxx is my machine
> > name) or
> > ASPNET account permissions??
> >
> > Any ideas?? Please help...
> >
> > "BillH" wrote:
> >
> > > I was happily running IIS 6 on XP SP2 and then I upgraded to Windows
> > > Ultimate. It seems to have upgraded me to IIS 7 at the same time.
> > > Regardless of what I try to browse on localhost, IIS 7 always just serves up
> > > a blank page. Anybody got any clues?

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2007
BillH
 

Posts: n/a
RE: IIS 7.0 serves up nothing but blank pages on localhost
Hmmm. It's possible you have a different version of Skype than I do. I've
got version 2.5.0.151. The checkbox may be in a different place in an
earlier version or may not be an option. Or you could just exit skype and
see if that makes a difference. You might also google search skype and IIS
together. I got several hits that talked about the problem.

I found there were a number of changes I had to make in the configuration of
IIS 7.0 to get things to work properly. That's the reason I want to start
clean by renaming the configuration file and re-installing. I fear I didn't
write them down and would have trouble figuring them out as there were a
number of things I tried before I found ones that worked.

"Harrison6565" wrote:

> Thanks for shedding the light, Bill. I went in to Tools|Options|Connections
> but cannot see any checkbox by "Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for
> incoming
> connections". Is that something under other tabs? And according to your
> experience,
> what are the other steps to resolve this issue.
>
> Thanks,
> -Harrison6565
>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2007
Harrison6565
 

Posts: n/a
RE: IIS 7.0 serves up nothing but blank pages on localhost
Thanks for your prompt reply Bill. I actually went in to my browser(7.0) for
it
instead of the Skype. I do not have Skyped installed in my local box.
Normally I
would try to avoid to rename or twist the system files. So in this case I
think I
would refront my box to Windows Server 2003 which I'm familiar with as my
develop environment.

Best
-Harrison6565

"BillH" wrote:

> Hmmm. It's possible you have a different version of Skype than I do. I've
> got version 2.5.0.151. The checkbox may be in a different place in an
> earlier version or may not be an option. Or you could just exit skype and
> see if that makes a difference. You might also google search skype and IIS
> together. I got several hits that talked about the problem.
>
> I found there were a number of changes I had to make in the configuration of
> IIS 7.0 to get things to work properly. That's the reason I want to start
> clean by renaming the configuration file and re-installing. I fear I didn't
> write them down and would have trouble figuring them out as there were a
> number of things I tried before I found ones that worked.
>
> "Harrison6565" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for shedding the light, Bill. I went in to Tools|Options|Connections
> > but cannot see any checkbox by "Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for
> > incoming
> > connections". Is that something under other tabs? And according to your
> > experience,
> > what are the other steps to resolve this issue.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Harrison6565
> >

>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Robot serves tea just the way Japanese like it Steve Security News 0 03-05-2007 10:46
Unable to get IIS to respond to localhost! =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnkgUy4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 03-04-2007 11:16
Web Pages and Email =?Utf-8?B?RGFyZW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 03-03-2007 00:24
encrypted pages =?Utf-8?B?Mmg0eQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 02-27-2007 00:47
Blank Pages in IE7 =?Utf-8?B?QWxhbmo=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 02-25-2007 19:37




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:49.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120