Visual Studio SP upgrade

=?Utf-8?B?UEc=?=

Visual Studio SP upgrade
Just rcvd new hp core duo with vista ultimate. Installed (tried to) VS2005
dev. Install immediately complained about not compatible. So, I clicked on MS
link -- nothing shows up and then it asked "was that helpful". NO!

Completed the install by just clicking run. Now when i start VS it still
complains. So i downloaded latest sp from their site. Went to apply the fix.
I get a pop up that says i have not installed the VS software.

Besides all the install scripts that bombed in other places, is there anyone
out there experiencing issues with VS2005/sp/and vista ultimate

got to go by an "easy transfer cable" and i hope and pray that "easy" means
what it says.....
Steve Cochran

Re: Visual Studio SP upgrade
Once you install SP1, it may still hiccup a bit, but it settled down for me.
No issues now.

Except its very bloated and slow.

steve

"PG" <PG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just rcvd new hp core duo with vista ultimate. Installed (tried to) VS2005
> dev. Install immediately complained about not compatible. So, I clicked on
> MS
> link -- nothing shows up and then it asked "was that helpful". NO!
>
> Completed the install by just clicking run. Now when i start VS it still
> complains. So i downloaded latest sp from their site. Went to apply the
> fix.
> I get a pop up that says i have not installed the VS software.
>
> Besides all the install scripts that bombed in other places, is there
> anyone
> out there experiencing issues with VS2005/sp/and vista ultimate
>
> got to go by an "easy transfer cable" and i hope and pray that "easy"
> means
> what it says.....

Zim Babwe

Re: Visual Studio SP upgrade
If you do serious development work, why would you even take a chance with VS
2005 and Vista? There are lots of problems and running VS is too much of a
crapshoot. If you have anomolies, it will be almost impossible to diagnose
with Vista.

I develop with VS 2005 and removed Vista from my PC. I'll stay with XP
until Vista SP1 comes out and the next SP for VS 2005.

"PG" <PG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just rcvd new hp core duo with vista ultimate. Installed (tried to) VS2005
> dev. Install immediately complained about not compatible. So, I clicked on
> MS
> link -- nothing shows up and then it asked "was that helpful". NO!
>
> Completed the install by just clicking run. Now when i start VS it still
> complains. So i downloaded latest sp from their site. Went to apply the
> fix.
> I get a pop up that says i have not installed the VS software.
>
> Besides all the install scripts that bombed in other places, is there
> anyone
> out there experiencing issues with VS2005/sp/and vista ultimate
>
> got to go by an "easy transfer cable" and i hope and pray that "easy"
> means
> what it says.....

=?Utf-8?B?UEc=?=

Re: Visual Studio SP upgrade
the problem is -- sp will NOT install..it pops up saying that i have never
installed VS but it was VS that in the first place notified me that there was
and issue...

thank goodness i have my old machine and bought a new one for the vista
world. its kind of surprising the number of issues. there were script errors
in the install process when it got to networking. there are other issues that
pop up. i am an ms fan but man this time i really wonder.

give you another one -- if you get student version of Office you can't send
email from word. really frustrating for my students who made the jump.

"Steve Cochran" wrote:

> Once you install SP1, it may still hiccup a bit, but it settled down for me.
> No issues now.
>
> Except its very bloated and slow.
>
> steve
>
> "PG" <PG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just rcvd new hp core duo with vista ultimate. Installed (tried to) VS2005
> > dev. Install immediately complained about not compatible. So, I clicked on
> > MS
> > link -- nothing shows up and then it asked "was that helpful". NO!
> >
> > Completed the install by just clicking run. Now when i start VS it still
> > complains. So i downloaded latest sp from their site. Went to apply the
> > fix.
> > I get a pop up that says i have not installed the VS software.
> >
> > Besides all the install scripts that bombed in other places, is there
> > anyone
> > out there experiencing issues with VS2005/sp/and vista ultimate
> >
> > got to go by an "easy transfer cable" and i hope and pray that "easy"
> > means
> > what it says.....

Vasu

Re: Visual Studio SP upgrade
Pl. check this, there's an important update recently released, The Visual
Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista which addresses areas of
Visual Studio impacted by Windows Vista enhancements.

But if you have Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista
Beta, Make sure to uninstall first.

vasudev

"Zim Babwe"
<zimbabwe@if_you_think_i_am_going_to_put_my_real_e _mail_address_here_you_are_crazy.com>
wrote in message news:#Y25SidYHHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> If you do serious development work, why would you even take a chance with
> VS 2005 and Vista? There are lots of problems and running VS is too much
> of a crapshoot. If you have anomolies, it will be almost impossible to
> diagnose with Vista.
>
> I develop with VS 2005 and removed Vista from my PC. I'll stay with XP
> until Vista SP1 comes out and the next SP for VS 2005.
>

> "PG" <PG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Just rcvd new hp core duo with vista ultimate. Installed (tried to)
>> VS2005
>> dev. Install immediately complained about not compatible. So, I clicked
>> on MS
>> link -- nothing shows up and then it asked "was that helpful". NO!
>>
>> Completed the install by just clicking run. Now when i start VS it still
>> complains. So i downloaded latest sp from their site. Went to apply the
>> fix.
>> I get a pop up that says i have not installed the VS software.
>>
>> Besides all the install scripts that bombed in other places, is there
>> anyone
>> out there experiencing issues with VS2005/sp/and vista ultimate
>>
>> got to go by an "easy transfer cable" and i hope and pray that "easy"
>> means
>> what it says.....

Steve Cochran

Re: Visual Studio SP upgrade
Well, I don't have those issues. If you had installation problems, then you
should uninstall and reinstall, especially if the service pack won't
install. Make sure you do the install with antivirus disabled.

Your students should be able to send via Windows Mail. The student version
of Office 2007 doesn't include Outlook as I understand it.