Vista Home Premium OEM stopped and prompted for driver disk

DH

Vista Home Premium OEM stopped and prompted for driver disk
Hi all,

The process stucked on the prompt for driver disk. Detials step as follow
1. boot from OEM DVD
2. Vista loading itself to memory
3. Language selection screen shown up, select the language
4. Install screen applied, click "Install Now"
5. The window run for a while, and pop up a window and the message that,
driver not found, and prompted for driver disk.
6. insert the driver CD from the mainbroad company, and select all the
related drivers using the browse button to locate the driver on the CD. But
it just stucked on the promt the driver disk again and again even the drivers
were all selected.

System info:
Mainbroad: Gigabyte GA-965GM-DS2
Memory: Kingston 1Gx2
HDD: Seagate 160GB SATA

Please help advising any mistake I made. Thanks.

Davis
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista Home Premium OEM stopped and prompted for driver disk
The SATA Drivers too?
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"DH" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The process stucked on the prompt for driver disk. Detials step as follow
> 1. boot from OEM DVD
> 2. Vista loading itself to memory
> 3. Language selection screen shown up, select the language
> 4. Install screen applied, click "Install Now"
> 5. The window run for a while, and pop up a window and the message that,
> driver not found, and prompted for driver disk.
> 6. insert the driver CD from the mainbroad company, and select all the
> related drivers using the browse button to locate the driver on the CD. But
> it just stucked on the promt the driver disk again and again even the drivers
> were all selected.
>
> System info:
> Mainbroad: Gigabyte GA-965GM-DS2
> Memory: Kingston 1Gx2
> HDD: Seagate 160GB SATA
>
> Please help advising any mistake I made. Thanks.
>
> Davis

DH

RE: Vista Home Premium OEM stopped and prompted for driver disk
Hi Mick,

Yes, I directed the path to the SATA driver also, but it was still prompting
to drivers.

Davis

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> The SATA Drivers too?
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "DH" wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The process stucked on the prompt for driver disk. Detials step as follow
> > 1. boot from OEM DVD
> > 2. Vista loading itself to memory
> > 3. Language selection screen shown up, select the language
> > 4. Install screen applied, click "Install Now"
> > 5. The window run for a while, and pop up a window and the message that,
> > driver not found, and prompted for driver disk.
> > 6. insert the driver CD from the mainbroad company, and select all the
> > related drivers using the browse button to locate the driver on the CD. But
> > it just stucked on the promt the driver disk again and again even the drivers
> > were all selected.
> >
> > System info:
> > Mainbroad: Gigabyte GA-965GM-DS2
> > Memory: Kingston 1Gx2
> > HDD: Seagate 160GB SATA
> >
> > Please help advising any mistake I made. Thanks.
> >
> > Davis

Ciro

Re: Vista Home Premium OEM stopped and prompted for driver disk
I had the same problem.

It was "solved" by using my oldest DVD-Burner to install Vista OEM (64bits),
Not the best workaround,,.

I'm still looking for a list of compatible & non compatibale DVD drives
(with links to drivers)