Vista Ultimate Upgrade DVD

=?Utf-8?B?YmJvaG5ldA==?=

Vista Ultimate Upgrade DVD
I am currently running XP pro. With the retail Ultimate Upgrade DVD, can I do a
clean install, i.e. boot from the Vista DVD and then insert the XP CD when
prompted or do I have to have XP installed on the machine to install Vista?
Larry Maturo

Re: Vista Ultimate Upgrade DVD
No, the OS actually has to be installed, it dosen't just
look at the DVD/CD, but you can still do a clean install.
Check out: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5932

-- Larry Maturo

"bbohnet" <bbohnet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am currently running XP pro. With the retail Ultimate Upgrade DVD, can I
>do a
> clean install, i.e. boot from the Vista DVD and then insert the XP CD when
> prompted or do I have to have XP installed on the machine to install
> Vista?

=?Utf-8?B?YmJvaG5ldA==?=

Re: Vista Ultimate Upgrade DVD
Larry,
Thanks for info, especially dailytech link. Bill

"Larry Maturo" wrote:

> No, the OS actually has to be installed, it dosen't just
> look at the DVD/CD, but you can still do a clean install.
> Check out: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5932
>
> -- Larry Maturo
>
> "bbohnet" <bbohnet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am currently running XP pro. With the retail Ultimate Upgrade DVD, can I
> >do a
> > clean install, i.e. boot from the Vista DVD and then insert the XP CD when
> > prompted or do I have to have XP installed on the machine to install
> > Vista?

=?Utf-8?B?QUs=?=

Re: Vista Ultimate Upgrade DVD
Hey. Here is one grazy finn from Finland. Heh, sorry my bad english. LOL!
Question.
And this really works? How about Vista Premium? Is that working Premium too?
Do i have to format my hard drive first?
I hope ppl knows what i mean.

Thank!

-AK

"bbohnet" wrote:

> Larry,
> Thanks for info, especially dailytech link. Bill
>
> "Larry Maturo" wrote:
>
> > No, the OS actually has to be installed, it dosen't just
> > look at the DVD/CD, but you can still do a clean install.
> > Check out: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5932
> >
> > -- Larry Maturo
> >
> > "bbohnet" <bbohnet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am currently running XP pro. With the retail Ultimate Upgrade DVD, can I
> > >do a
> > > clean install, i.e. boot from the Vista DVD and then insert the XP CD when
> > > prompted or do I have to have XP installed on the machine to install
> > > Vista?

David B.

Re: Vista Ultimate Upgrade DVD
Does the article say it doesn't work for Premium?
Of course you have to format the drive first, otherwise it wouldn't be a
clean install (unless dual booting is involved of course)

--

----
http://www.db-pc.com

"AK" <AK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey. Here is one grazy finn from Finland. Heh, sorry my bad english. LOL!
> Question.
> And this really works? How about Vista Premium? Is that working Premium
> too?
> Do i have to format my hard drive first?
> I hope ppl knows what i mean.
>
> Thank!
>
> -AK
>
> "bbohnet" wrote:
>
>> Larry,
>> Thanks for info, especially dailytech link. Bill
>>
>> "Larry Maturo" wrote:
>>
>> > No, the OS actually has to be installed, it dosen't just
>> > look at the DVD/CD, but you can still do a clean install.
>> > Check out: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5932
>> >
>> > -- Larry Maturo

=?Utf-8?B?RW1vcnkgVGVjaA==?=

Re: Vista Ultimate Upgrade DVD
Well it is sorta clean install, what happens is if you just install vista and
then install for the second time it takes all the system files and folders
and moves them to a windows.old directory. So technically the new install
knows nothing of the previous install. Once you migrate or back the data in
the Windows.old folder you can simply delete it. It is clean install in that
you get a "Virgin" copy of Vista installed.