Cannot Install Vista??

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tIENvdXJ0?=

Cannot Install Vista??
Hi all. I have just tried to install Vista Home Premium upgrade. I am
currently using Windows XP service pack 2. Before I purchased the upgrade I
used the upgrade advisor, which told me I could run Vista. So I went out and
parted with my money for this software. Initially during the installation I
had no problems. When it got to the 'completing upgrade' section, the screen
changed and informed me that Vista could not be installed on this system?? -
what? after I was told it could?
What a waste of over £100.00.
- Has anybody else had this problem?. Any comments or suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

- For your info I have a 512mb (vista compatable graphics card)
- 1gb of ram
- 50gb hard drive space remaining

David B.

Re: Cannot Install Vista??
Which version of XP, Home or Pro? You cannot upgrade XP Pro to any version
of Vista Home.

--

----
http://www.db-pc.com

"Tom Court" <Tom Court@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all. I have just tried to install Vista Home Premium upgrade. I am
> currently using Windows XP service pack 2. Before I purchased the upgrade
> used the upgrade advisor, which told me I could run Vista. So I went out
> and
> parted with my money for this software. Initially during the installation
> had no problems. When it got to the 'completing upgrade' section, the
> screen
> changed and informed me that Vista could not be installed on this
> system?? -
> what? after I was told it could?
> What a waste of over £100.00.
> - Has anybody else had this problem?. Any comments or suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> - For your info I have a 512mb (vista compatable graphics card)
> - 1gb of ram
> - 50gb hard drive space remaining

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tIENvdXJ0?=

Re: Cannot Install Vista??
Thanks for the reply. The system came installed with Windows XP Home edition.
i did notice that when service pack two installed, the 'home' part was
removed from the start up screen (probably irrelevant).

"David B." wrote:

> Which version of XP, Home or Pro? You cannot upgrade XP Pro to any version
> of Vista Home.
>
> --
>
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
> __________________________________________________ _______________________________
>

> "Tom Court" <Tom Court@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all. I have just tried to install Vista Home Premium upgrade. I am
> > currently using Windows XP service pack 2. Before I purchased the upgrade
> > used the upgrade advisor, which told me I could run Vista. So I went out
> > and
> > parted with my money for this software. Initially during the installation
> > had no problems. When it got to the 'completing upgrade' section, the
> > screen
> > changed and informed me that Vista could not be installed on this
> > system?? -
> > what? after I was told it could?
> > What a waste of over £100.00.
> > - Has anybody else had this problem?. Any comments or suggestions would be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > - For your info I have a 512mb (vista compatable graphics card)
> > - 1gb of ram
> > - 50gb hard drive space remaining

=?Utf-8?B?bWhvbnplbGw=?=

RE: Cannot Install Vista??
You cannot do an upgrade of XP Pro to Vista Home, but you can do a Clean
Install of Vista Home with XP Pro installed (or not.) Just save your desired
data somewhere before you do this. Then follow the instructions within a
multitude of posts in this newsgroup.