removing a program

=?Utf-8?B?RV9yYWdvbjg5?=

removing a program
i installed age of empires 3 the warcheifs trial version. when i wanted to
remove it it dident have an uninstaler i forgot about the remove programs
list and i just deleated it from where it was installed now i cant remove it
from the programs add or remove list. i tried reinstalling the demo but it
tries removing it first and gets an eror it is the same for thee add remove
programs list does anyone know how to finish removing it so i could
reinstall the demo if i wanted to?
BigJim

Re: removing a program
try doing a reinstall and then remove it thru the control panel. This would
work in xp but not sure about vista.
"E_ragon89" <E_ragon89@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i installed age of empires 3 the warcheifs trial version. when i wanted to
> remove it it dident have an uninstaler i forgot about the remove programs
> list and i just deleated it from where it was installed now i cant remove
> it
> from the programs add or remove list. i tried reinstalling the demo but it
> tries removing it first and gets an eror it is the same for thee add
> remove
> programs list does anyone know how to finish removing it so i could
> reinstall the demo if i wanted to?

=?Utf-8?B?RV9yYWdvbjg5?=

Re: removing a program
i cant do a reinstall because when i run the instaler it wants to do an
uninstall because it thinks its still on the computer.

"BigJim" wrote:

> try doing a reinstall and then remove it thru the control panel. This would
> work in xp but not sure about vista.
> "E_ragon89" <E_ragon89@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i installed age of empires 3 the warcheifs trial version. when i wanted to
> > remove it it dident have an uninstaler i forgot about the remove programs
> > list and i just deleated it from where it was installed now i cant remove
> > it
> > from the programs add or remove list. i tried reinstalling the demo but it
> > tries removing it first and gets an eror it is the same for thee add
> > remove
> > programs list does anyone know how to finish removing it so i could
> > reinstall the demo if i wanted to?

mishrashubham

Re: removing a program

I have exactly the same problem here. I have Windows XP SP 2. I forgot
it too and just deleted AoE3 trial from Program Files. And now it doesnt
get removed from Add and remove programs. PLEASE SOME ONE HELP!!!!!

--
mishrashubham
Cody Jarrett

Re: removing a program
On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 10:24:17 -0600, mishrashubham
<guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>I have exactly the same problem here. I have Windows XP SP 2. I forgot
>it too and just deleted AoE3 trial from Program Files. And now it doesnt
>get removed from Add and remove programs. PLEASE SOME ONE HELP!!!!!

It's NOT the end of the freaking world! CHILL.

You can...

1) Install the program again, then UNinstall it correctly, OR..

Download CCleaner, and use one of its utilities to remove the entry
from the list.

Doing the latter will still leave references to the program in your
registry.