I cannot activate my Vista Ultimate and the phone help is useless.

=?Utf-8?B?QnJhZCBTeXB1dGE=?=

I cannot activate my Vista Ultimate and the phone help is useless.
I am very disappointed at the moment. I purchased a copy of Vista ultimate at
the company store over the weekend and it is now requiring activation. This
should be an easy experience. However, I have the product key from the box
and it is not working. Support told me the product key is for Enteprise
version and not Ultimate. They gave me a new key and it would not work
either. The sad part is my son needs to do homework, however we can no longer
log in to the computer

I am really disappointed at the moment. I work at our company and I cannot
imagine what someone outside of MS would feel like in the same situation. My
son now has to turn in homework late. Activation has ruined our experience
with Vista.

I will update with the error code when next I give it a try.

=?Utf-8?B?QnJhZCBTeXB1dGE=?=

RE: I cannot activate my Vista Ultimate and the phone help is useless.
---------------------------
Error Details
---------------------------
The following information was found for this error:

Code:

0xC004E003

The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed.

---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

"Brad Syputa" wrote:

> I am very disappointed at the moment. I purchased a copy of Vista ultimate at
> the company store over the weekend and it is now requiring activation. This
> should be an easy experience. However, I have the product key from the box
> and it is not working. Support told me the product key is for Enteprise
> version and not Ultimate. They gave me a new key and it would not work
> either. The sad part is my son needs to do homework, however we can no longer
> log in to the computer
>
> I am really disappointed at the moment. I work at our company and I cannot
> imagine what someone outside of MS would feel like in the same situation. My
> son now has to turn in homework late. Activation has ruined our experience
> with Vista.
>
> I will update with the error code when next I give it a try.

mikeyhsd

Re: I cannot activate my Vista Ultimate and the phone help is useless.
go to System Information, I use Windows Key + Pause/Break key near the bottom is the vista logo.
after a few seconds it should show up and give you the option to enter/change product key.
try entering the proper key.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com