Choosing the right VISTA edition

=?Utf-8?B?SGF6aW1hbg==?=

Choosing the right VISTA edition
Hi,
I want to upgrade my pc OS to windows Vista but ain't know which version of
vista
should i install.

These are my pc specs:
1.7 GHZ Intel Pentium 4
20 GB HDD
16X DVDD
512 MEGs of RAM
Intel 82865 Gfx Card

Any idea of which vista will run smoothly with my pc?
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Choosing the right VISTA edition
Run the Vista Upgrade Advisor for a definitive answer.

Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...deadvisor.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Haziman" wrote:

Hi,
I want to upgrade my pc OS to windows Vista but ain't know which version of
vista
should i install.

These are my pc specs:
1.7 GHZ Intel Pentium 4
20 GB HDD
16X DVDD
512 MEGs of RAM
Intel 82865 Gfx Card

Any idea of which vista will run smoothly with my pc?
Dustin Harper

Re: Choosing the right VISTA edition
All of them will run smoothly. They just have different features. You would
need to look and see what you want (Media center, Bitlocker, Aero glass,
domain/workgroups, etc.). You have a small HD, you may want to upgrade that,
though. And a RAM upgrade is recommended!

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"Haziman" <Haziman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I want to upgrade my pc OS to windows Vista but ain't know which version
> of
> vista
> should i install.
>
> These are my pc specs:
> 1.7 GHZ Intel Pentium 4
> 20 GB HDD
> 16X DVDD
> 512 MEGs of RAM
> Intel 82865 Gfx Card
>
> Any idea of which vista will run smoothly with my pc?

=?Utf-8?B?SGF6aW1hbg==?=

Re: Choosing the right VISTA edition
Yes, all of them will run smoothly but The ultimate editions 'balds" my head.
it run very slowly. I just need basic features. please tell me is it a good
idea to install the home basic version? will it run with no waste of time
situation?

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> All of them will run smoothly. They just have different features. You would
> need to look and see what you want (Media center, Bitlocker, Aero glass,
> domain/workgroups, etc.). You have a small HD, you may want to upgrade that,
> though. And a RAM upgrade is recommended!
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
> --
> "Haziman" <Haziman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I want to upgrade my pc OS to windows Vista but ain't know which version
> > of
> > vista
> > should i install.
> >
> > These are my pc specs:
> > 1.7 GHZ Intel Pentium 4
> > 20 GB HDD
> > 16X DVDD
> > 512 MEGs of RAM
> > Intel 82865 Gfx Card
> >
> > Any idea of which vista will run smoothly with my pc?

Dustin Harper

Re: Choosing the right VISTA edition
Yes, Home Basic will run with no problems at all. You can't run Aero Glass
with that video card, so that isn't an issue. If you need to upgrade in the
future, there is always that option with Anytime Upgrade.

Home Basic would get you Vista with no frills. Like you said: you will get
the basic features.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
> Yes, all of them will run smoothly but The ultimate editions 'balds" my
> head.
> it run very slowly. I just need basic features. please tell me is it a
> good
> idea to install the home basic version? will it run with no waste of time
> situation?
>
> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> All of them will run smoothly. They just have different features. You
>> would
>> need to look and see what you want (Media center, Bitlocker, Aero glass,
>> domain/workgroups, etc.). You have a small HD, you may want to upgrade
>> that,
>> though. And a RAM upgrade is recommended!
>>
>> --
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.vistarip.com
>>
>> --
>> "Haziman" <Haziman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > I want to upgrade my pc OS to windows Vista but ain't know which
>> > version
>> > of
>> > vista
>> > should i install.
>> >
>> > These are my pc specs:
>> > 1.7 GHZ Intel Pentium 4
>> > 20 GB HDD
>> > 16X DVDD
>> > 512 MEGs of RAM
>> > Intel 82865 Gfx Card
>> >
>> > Any idea of which vista will run smoothly with my pc?

=?Utf-8?B?SGF6aW1hbg==?=

Re: Choosing the right VISTA edition
It's okay as i'd like the vista run with perfomance, not the stylish design.
thanks for all. hve a nice day.

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> Yes, Home Basic will run with no problems at all. You can't run Aero Glass
> with that video card, so that isn't an issue. If you need to upgrade in the
> future, there is always that option with Anytime Upgrade.
>
> Home Basic would get you Vista with no frills. Like you said: you will get
> the basic features.
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
> --
> "Haziman" <Haziman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, all of them will run smoothly but The ultimate editions 'balds" my
> > head.
> > it run very slowly. I just need basic features. please tell me is it a
> > good
> > idea to install the home basic version? will it run with no waste of time
> > situation?
> >
> > "Dustin Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> All of them will run smoothly. They just have different features. You
> >> would
> >> need to look and see what you want (Media center, Bitlocker, Aero glass,
> >> domain/workgroups, etc.). You have a small HD, you may want to upgrade
> >> that,
> >> though. And a RAM upgrade is recommended!
> >>
> >> --
> >> Dustin Harper
> >> dharper@vistarip.com
> >> http://www.vistarip.com

Conor

Re: Choosing the right VISTA edition
In article <921A5059-639E-47C7-A6D5-59C5F0025594@microsoft.com>,
Haziman says...
> Hi,
> I want to upgrade my pc OS to windows Vista but ain't know which version of
> vista
> should i install.
>
> These are my pc specs:
> 1.7 GHZ Intel Pentium 4
> 20 GB HDD
> 16X DVDD
> 512 MEGs of RAM
> Intel 82865 Gfx Card
>
> Any idea of which vista will run smoothly with my pc?

Non of them. 512MB RAM is simply too little and there'll not be a lot
of free space on a 20GB HDD.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Conor

Re: Choosing the right VISTA edition
In article <4514F56C-5874-4F7A-8454-1862D2B4EAEC@microsoft.com>, Dustin
Harper says...
> All of them will run smoothly.

With 512MB RAM? You smoking crack?

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
=?Utf-8?B?SGF6aW1hbg==?=

Re: Choosing the right VISTA edition
Why not?
I've tested it with my old pc...
it run just like windows xp pro run in my old pc.
or it was just a miracle?