reinstaling help

Ken

reinstaling help
I just want to restart it to the factory settings and start all over again
and put back in my programs. how do i just clean the slate and start over
without having to reinstal vista as well?
Malke

Re: reinstaling help
Ken wrote:

> I just want to restart it to the factory settings and start all over again
> and put back in my programs. how do i just clean the slate and start over
> without having to reinstal vista as well?

Vista is your operating system. If you restore to factory conditions, it
will automatically give you a reinstalled Vista. Back up your data and
follow the computer mftr.'s instructions for how to restore to factory
conditions. The method varies from computer to computer. Your specific
computer's method will be described in your manual and/or on the computer
mftr.'s website.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
John Barnett MVP

Re: reinstaling help
If you are restoring 'back to factory conditions' then you will be
re-installing Vista. The way you restore back to factory conditions will
depend upon your PC manufacturer. If the PC manufacturer has supplied you
with 'recovery disks' then just insert the recovery disk, reboot and follow
the onscreen prompts. If the Vista image is on a hidden partition on your
hard then check your PC manual to see how to restore the system.

Prior to restoring I suggest you backup all important documents/files etc
because once you have restored your system all your personal documents/files
etc will be destroyed, so anything you really need make sure you back them
up.

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows - Shell/User