Unable to install Vista.. (ERROR After Installitation.)

Anthony Gabreal

Unable to install Vista.. (ERROR After Installitation.)
Hi, I just made my new computer...
Processor: Q6600 ~ 2.4GHZ
Ram: 2 GIGS @ 667 MHZ
HDD: 250 GIGS
Graphics Card: XFX 8600 GT (512 MB)
Mobo: ASUS P5N-E SLI

Now I installed vista o computer, it was sucessfull. Once I got on desktop,
in a sec or so system restarted and gave me this

Long Error MSG...

Booting 'Windows Vista'

ACPI
Vista Loader 2.0.0

Done!
Fall back1
Find-- Set-root /bootmgr

Error 17: File Not Found
Booting 'Windows NT/2000/XP'

Fallback2
Find-- set-root /ntldr
Error 17: File Not Found

Booting 'Enter Command Line'

Boot Failed! Press any Key to Enter command line.

_________After I hit any key_______________

GRUB4DOS 0.4.2(2007-03-02), Memory: 639K/2046M CodeEnd: 0x4013c

[Minimal Bash -like line editing is supported for the first word, TAB list
possible command completition. Anywhere else TAB

lists the possible completition of a device/filename. ESC at any time exist.]

GRUB>

So wts the problem, is it Hardware. I have used same DVD on other computer
and its working on them.

I would apricate any help and Thx in advanced..
Better mail me if u have the answer @ anthony_gabreal@yahoo.com
PvdG42

Re: Unable to install Vista.. (ERROR After Installitation.)
"Anthony Gabreal" <Anthony Gabreal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:231C57FE-3D75-4283-B69B-017F7803DD04@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I just made my new computer...
> Processor: Q6600 ~ 2.4GHZ
> Ram: 2 GIGS @ 667 MHZ
> HDD: 250 GIGS
> Graphics Card: XFX 8600 GT (512 MB)
> Mobo: ASUS P5N-E SLI
>
> Now I installed vista o computer, it was sucessfull. Once I got on
> desktop,
> in a sec or so system restarted and gave me this
>
> Long Error MSG...

<snip>
> GRUB>

> So wts the problem, is it Hardware. I have used same DVD on other computer
> and its working on them.
>
> I would apricate any help and Thx in advanced..
> Better mail me if u have the answer @ anthony_gabreal@yahoo.com

Nope, I'll post my suggestion here in the newsgroup.
Go to www.bootdisk.com and get a DOS bootdosk image. Then use it to load a
decent memory test product, like Memtest, for example. Test your memory
thoroughly.
Go to your hard drive manufacturer's we site and download their diagnostic
software to make sure your new hard drive isn't hosed.

I think you have a hardware issue.
If you continue to have issues, please post the entire content of any error
messages you receive. That will usually get you more specific answers.

Anthony Gabreal

Re: Unable to install Vista.. (ERROR After Installitation.)
Well This is the entire msg I get...
Word By Word.

Also I have tried different DVD's of VISTA...
The 1 I have is original...

message news:9027ED73-15AC-418E-9E3D-3CC0D4C1FF5B@microsoft.com...
> Well This is the entire msg I get...
> Word By Word.
>
> Also I have tried different DVD's of VISTA...
> The 1 I have is original...

Where? Seems you forgot to paste the error message.
Have you tested your memory and hard drive? Just because hardware is new
doesn't necessarily mean it's not defective.
The fact that you keep having the same issues is yet another indication that
there's a problem with your new hardware.

John Barnes

Re: Unable to install Vista.. (ERROR After Installitation.)
Odds are you have a hardware or hardware driver conflict. Have you tried to
load the video driver at the load drivers screen?
"PvdG42" <pvdg@toadstool.edu> wrote in message
> "Anthony Gabreal" <AnthonyGabreal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:9027ED73-15AC-418E-9E3D-3CC0D4C1FF5B@microsoft.com...
>> Well This is the entire msg I get...
>> Word By Word.
>>
>> Also I have tried different DVD's of VISTA...
>> The 1 I have is original...
>>

> Where? Seems you forgot to paste the error message.
> Have you tested your memory and hard drive? Just because hardware is new
> doesn't necessarily mean it's not defective.
> The fact that you keep having the same issues is yet another indication
> that there's a problem with your new hardware.

Anthony Gabreal

Re: Unable to install Vista.. (ERROR After Installitation.)
> Where? Seems you forgot to paste the error message.
> Have you tested your memory and hard drive? Just because hardware is new
> doesn't necessarily mean it's not defective.
> The fact that you keep having the same issues is yet another indication that
> there's a problem with your new hardware.

Here is error on black Screen.

Booting 'Windows Vista'

ACPI
Vista Loader 2.0.0

Done!
Fall back1
Find-- Set-root /bootmgr

Error 17: File Not Found
Booting 'Windows NT/2000/XP'

Fallback2
Find-- set-root /ntldr
Error 17: File Not Found

Booting 'Enter Command Line'

Boot Failed! Press any Key to Enter command line.

_________After I hit any key_______________

GRUB4DOS 0.4.2(2007-03-02), Memory: 639K/2046M CodeEnd: 0x4013c

[Minimal Bash -like line editing is supported for the first word, TAB list
possible command completition. Anywhere else TAB

lists the possible completition of a device/filename. ESC at any time exist.]

GRUB>

If its a defective Hardware Y will it install Xp in first place....????

message news:3FDC0197-858B-4D68-8252-3700FFC010AB@microsoft.com...
>> Where? Seems you forgot to paste the error message.
>> Have you tested your memory and hard drive? Just because hardware is new
>> doesn't necessarily mean it's not defective.
>> The fact that you keep having the same issues is yet another indication
>> that
>> there's a problem with your new hardware.

> Here is error on black Screen.
>
> Booting 'Windows Vista'
>
> ACPI
> Vista Loader 2.0.0
>
> Done!
> Fall back1
> Find-- Set-root /bootmgr
>
> Error 17: File Not Found
> Booting 'Windows NT/2000/XP'
>
> Fallback2
> Find-- set-root /ntldr
> Error 17: File Not Found
>
> Booting 'Enter Command Line'
>
> Boot Failed! Press any Key to Enter command line.
>
> _________After I hit any key_______________
>
> GRUB4DOS 0.4.2(2007-03-02), Memory: 639K/2046M CodeEnd: 0x4013c
>
> [Minimal Bash -like line editing is supported for the first word, TAB list
> possible command completition. Anywhere else TAB
>
> lists the possible completition of a device/filename. ESC at any time
> exist.]
>
> GRUB>
>
> __________________________________________________ _________________
>
> If its a defective Hardware Y will it install Xp in first place....????

I was unaware from your previous messages that you had installed XP.
What are the references to GRUB? Have you installed that as your boot
manager?

Please give us a complete description of what software you do have installed
and how it's configured.

It now appears that you're attempting a dual or multi-boot installation?

fpruis@gmail.com

Re: Unable to install Vista.. (ERROR After Installitation.)
Well I have the same problem same error message. So had xp installed.
Popped the vista dvd in formated my harddrive for clean install. Some
error.

So what do you think is the cause , still hardware?

jmemay@gmail.com

On Mar 1, 10:04 pm, fpr...@gmail.com wrote:
> Well I have the same problem same error message. So had xp installed.
> Popped the vista dvd in formated my harddrive for clean install. Some
> error.
>
> So what do you think is the cause , still hardware?
>
> PvdG42 wrote:
> > "Anthony Gabreal" <AnthonyGabr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > messagenews:3FDC0197-858B-4D68-8252-3700FFC010AB@microsoft.com...

> > > Here is error on black Screen.

> > > Booting 'Windows Vista'

> > > ACPI
> > > Vista Loader 2.0.0

> > > Done!
> > > Fall back1
> > > Find-- Set-root /bootmgr

> > > Error 17: File Not Found
> > > Booting 'Windows NT/2000/XP'

> > > Fallback2
> > > Find-- set-root /ntldr
> > > Error 17: File Not Found

> > > Booting 'Enter Command Line'

> > > Boot Failed! Press any Key to Enter command line.

> > > _________After I hit any key_______________

> > > GRUB4DOS 0.4.2(2007-03-02), Memory: 639K/2046M CodeEnd: 0x4013c

> > > [Minimal Bash -like line editing is supported for the first word, TAB list
> > > possible command completition. Anywhere else TAB

> > > lists the possible completition of a device/filename. ESC at any time
> > > exist.]

> > > GRUB>

> > > __________________________________________________ _________________

> > > If its a defective Hardware Y will it install Xp in first place....????

> > I was unaware from your previous messages that you had installed XP.
> > What are the references to GRUB? Have you installed that as your boot
> > manager?

> > Please give us a complete description of what software you do have installed
> > and how it's configured.

> > It now appears that you're attempting a dual or multi-boot installation?

I have just this problem. It turned out to be the hard drive. It was
working fine with XP but for some reason it would not take Vista. Now
I have replaced the hard drive Vista works great.

Jme
Anthony Gabreal

Re: Unable to install Vista.. (ERROR After Installitation.)

> I was unaware from your previous messages that you had installed XP.
> What are the references to GRUB? Have you installed that as your boot
> manager?
>
> Please give us a complete description of what software you do have installed
> and how it's configured.
>
> It now appears that you're attempting a dual or multi-boot installation?

I really apricate time with me, now, I ant trying Dual boot, I use Vista DVD
for installiation, Format HDD than install Vista.