Office Setup

=?Utf-8?B?VHViYWZpenpsZTg5?=

Office Setup
I am getting a new laptop, and it is coming with Windows Vista Home Premium
edition. It obviously doesn't come with office on it, and I definitely want
to put it on it. I want to put Office 2000 professional on it, and I just
want to make sure that Office 2000 is compatible with Vista? I don't see why
it wouldn't, but I'm no computer genius. Please let me know if it would work
or if I would have to purchase Office 2007 or something else more recent.
Thank you in advance!!
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Office Setup
Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Office 2003,
and the 2007 Microsoft Office suites are all supported on Windows Vista.
The 2007 Office suites were extensively tested on Windows Vista for best compatibility.

Description of the versions of Office that are supported on Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932087/en-us

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Tubafizzle89" wrote:

I am getting a new laptop, and it is coming with Windows Vista Home Premium
edition. It obviously doesn't come with office on it, and I definitely want
to put it on it. I want to put Office 2000 professional on it, and I just
want to make sure that Office 2000 is compatible with Vista? I don't see why
it wouldn't, but I'm no computer genius. Please let me know if it would work
or if I would have to purchase Office 2007 or something else more recent.
Thank you in advance!!
Malke

Re: Office Setup
Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Office 2003,
> and the 2007 Microsoft Office suites are all supported on Windows Vista.
> The 2007 Office suites were extensively tested on Windows Vista for best compatibility.
>
> Description of the versions of Office that are supported on Windows Vista

Well, there are issues with Outlook. The OP should see this from MVP
Diane Poremsky and probably take a look in some of the general Office
newsgroups.

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Tom

Re: Office Setup
Check out http://www.openoffice.org

its freesuite and I have used it under XP to do all my college work. I'm
sure they will have a Vista install soon
"Tubafizzle89" <Tubafizzle89@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting a new laptop, and it is coming with Windows Vista Home Premium
> edition. It obviously doesn't come with office on it, and I definitely
> want
> to put it on it. I want to put Office 2000 professional on it, and I just
> want to make sure that Office 2000 is compatible with Vista? I don't see
> why
> it wouldn't, but I'm no computer genius. Please let me know if it would
> work
> or if I would have to purchase Office 2007 or something else more recent.
> Thank you in advance!!

Tom

Re: Office Setup...http://www.openoffice.org
sorry not sure if I typed that right
"Tubafizzle89" <Tubafizzle89@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting a new laptop, and it is coming with Windows Vista Home Premium
> edition. It obviously doesn't come with office on it, and I definitely
> want
> to put it on it. I want to put Office 2000 professional on it, and I just
> want to make sure that Office 2000 is compatible with Vista? I don't see
> why
> it wouldn't, but I'm no computer genius. Please let me know if it would
> work
> or if I would have to purchase Office 2007 or something else more recent.
> Thank you in advance!!

Don

Re: Office Setup
Tom wrote:
> Check out http://www.openoffice.org
>
> its freesuite and I have used it under XP to do all my college work. I'm
> sure they will have a Vista install soon

It was the first thing I installed on Vista and I had no problems.
I don't use every feature of OpenOffice so I obviously can't give
it a blanket thumbs-up, but at least the spreadsheet seems to work
well on Vista.