Cant transfer progams with easy transfer companion beta

Peter Walter

Cant transfer progams with easy transfer companion beta
I have installed the WETCB to help transfer programs from an old XP PC to a
new Vista one but it is giving an error: beta only supports windows US
English. I have changed the settings on both PCs to US English in the
Language settings on the control panel and rebooted both pcs but with no
change.

Gary Mount

Re: Cant transfer progams with easy transfer companion beta
There are two types of settings for the language.
I had the same error as you until I also changed the regional and language
options and used the administrative tab.
From there you change the system locale.
I think you only changed the display language, which doesn't quite do the
required change you need.

"Peter Walter" <PeterWalter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed the WETCB to help transfer programs from an old XP PC to a
> new Vista one but it is giving an error: beta only supports windows US
> English. I have changed the settings on both PCs to US English in the
> Language settings on the control panel and rebooted both pcs but with no
> change.

Peter Walter

Re: Cant transfer progams with easy transfer companion beta
Hi Gary,
This worked ok, thanks!
however I am now having all sorts of trouble with windows installer not
working - i have run the installer cleanup utility but it still wont run any
of the transfered programs....

"Gary Mount" wrote:

> There are two types of settings for the language.
> I had the same error as you until I also changed the regional and language
> options and used the administrative tab.
> From there you change the system locale.
> I think you only changed the display language, which doesn't quite do the
> required change you need.
>
> "Peter Walter" <PeterWalter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have installed the WETCB to help transfer programs from an old XP PC to a
> > new Vista one but it is giving an error: beta only supports windows US
> > English. I have changed the settings on both PCs to US English in the
> > Language settings on the control panel and rebooted both pcs but with no
> > change.

Raechka

Re: Cant transfer progams with easy transfer companion beta
Hi! I had the same error message and tried to follow your advice. But where
you found the administrative tab? In my regional and language options there
are "regional options", "Language" and "advaced" tabs. No administrative one.
Can you explain it, please!!! Thanks in advance

"Gary Mount" wrote:

> There are two types of settings for the language.
> I had the same error as you until I also changed the regional and language
> options and used the administrative tab.
> From there you change the system locale.
> I think you only changed the display language, which doesn't quite do the
> required change you need.
>
> "Peter Walter" <PeterWalter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have installed the WETCB to help transfer programs from an old XP PC to a
> > new Vista one but it is giving an error: beta only supports windows US
> > English. I have changed the settings on both PCs to US English in the
> > Language settings on the control panel and rebooted both pcs but with no
> > change.

EliDav is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Cant transfer progams with easy transfer companion beta
As an alternate option you can try PickMeApp - a free application for program transfer. I am not sure how well it will work under non-English Vista, though.

The program can be downloaded from Home Page | PickMeApp.

Also there is a free Move Me application by Spearit Software - Welcome to Spearit Software for full system transfer.

Last edited by EliDav : 12-03-2008 at 14:56. Reason: text correction