VISTA vs Norton Antivirus

=?Utf-8?B?TGVl?=

VISTA vs Norton Antivirus
I'm up a creek and looking for a paddle!
Upgraded to Vista last night. Went well until: When coming up told me
Norton Corporate Antivirus is not compatible with Vista.
No problem but I can't get rid of it!
Tried Control Panel > Program > Uninstall : told me Norton Corporate
Antivirus is not compatible with Vista
Downloaded Norton Uninstall - Started it up and first tells me to use:
Control Panel > Program > Uninstall
Tried My Computer and send to recycle - Would not let me delete
Got a new copy of NAV that is compatible. First thing it tells me is it
detects an old version and uninstall it! I'd love to but how?
Please Help!

Dan

Re: VISTA vs Norton Antivirus
Your first mistake, doing an upgrade with a AV product installed.

Dan

"Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news9586093-E0A9-4B7E-B5D1-605EC3226B8D@microsoft.com...
> I'm up a creek and looking for a paddle!
> Upgraded to Vista last night. Went well until: When coming up told me
> Norton Corporate Antivirus is not compatible with Vista.
> No problem but I can't get rid of it!
> Tried Control Panel > Program > Uninstall : told me Norton Corporate
> Antivirus is not compatible with Vista
> Downloaded Norton Uninstall - Started it up and first tells me to use:
> Control Panel > Program > Uninstall
> Tried My Computer and send to recycle - Would not let me delete
> Got a new copy of NAV that is compatible. First thing it tells me is it
> detects an old version and uninstall it! I'd love to but how?
> Please Help!

Keith

Re: VISTA vs Norton Antivirus
Did you try entering Safe Mode and remove Norton?

"Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news9586093-E0A9-4B7E-B5D1-605EC3226B8D@microsoft.com...
> I'm up a creek and looking for a paddle!
> Upgraded to Vista last night. Went well until: When coming up told me
> Norton Corporate Antivirus is not compatible with Vista.
> No problem but I can't get rid of it!
> Tried Control Panel > Program > Uninstall : told me Norton Corporate
> Antivirus is not compatible with Vista
> Downloaded Norton Uninstall - Started it up and first tells me to use:
> Control Panel > Program > Uninstall
> Tried My Computer and send to recycle - Would not let me delete
> Got a new copy of NAV that is compatible. First thing it tells me is it
> detects an old version and uninstall it! I'd love to but how?
> Please Help!

Richard Urban

Re: VISTA vs Norton Antivirus
At this point you will not be able to remove Norton. Hell, it's damn near
impossible to remove even when in Windows XP. Symantec is one of the few
companies that are forced to supply auxiliary "stand alone" uninstallers to
wipe their crap from your system. It should have been uninstalled "prior" to
you upgrading the system.

Now you will have to do a wipe and destroy before you reinstall your
operating system.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban MVP
Microsoft Windows Shell/User

"Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news9586093-E0A9-4B7E-B5D1-605EC3226B8D@microsoft.com...
> I'm up a creek and looking for a paddle!
> Upgraded to Vista last night. Went well until: When coming up told me
> Norton Corporate Antivirus is not compatible with Vista.
> No problem but I can't get rid of it!
> Tried Control Panel > Program > Uninstall : told me Norton Corporate
> Antivirus is not compatible with Vista
> Downloaded Norton Uninstall - Started it up and first tells me to use:
> Control Panel > Program > Uninstall
> Tried My Computer and send to recycle - Would not let me delete
> Got a new copy of NAV that is compatible. First thing it tells me is it
> detects an old version and uninstall it! I'd love to but how?
> Please Help!

BobS

Re: VISTA vs Norton Antivirus
This may help

http://tinyurl.com/ygtpgy

It's Symantec's removal tools and I've used them in the past on a Corporate version and they worked. These are not always easy to find on their site so just do a search on "removal tool" and it should find them for you.

Bob S..

"Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news9586093-E0A9-4B7E-B5D1-605EC3226B8D@microsoft.com...
> I'm up a creek and looking for a paddle!
> Upgraded to Vista last night. Went well until: When coming up told me
> Norton Corporate Antivirus is not compatible with Vista.
> No problem but I can't get rid of it!
> Tried Control Panel > Program > Uninstall : told me Norton Corporate
> Antivirus is not compatible with Vista
> Downloaded Norton Uninstall - Started it up and first tells me to use:
> Control Panel > Program > Uninstall
> Tried My Computer and send to recycle - Would not let me delete
> Got a new copy of NAV that is compatible. First thing it tells me is it
> detects an old version and uninstall it! I'd love to but how?
> Please Help!

=?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW5AZGlzY3Vzc2lvbnMubWljcm9zb2Z0LmNvbQ==?=

RE: VISTA vs Norton Antivirus
Hi Lee
Try this link you can choose the Vista versions you want to download
http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoff...il d=standard

Regards
Brian