Need Help Reinstalling Vista and a Format

Maccaro

Need Help Reinstalling Vista and a Format

I've basically screwed up documents and important stuff so i need help
reinstalling vista from the dvd, Formatting the hard drive and other
things any help is much appreciated. My M/B is a ga-p35-ds3l and i cant
use my keyboard if the shut down is forced it auto chooses. Thanks.

--
Maccaro
John Barnett MVP

Re: Need Help Reinstalling Vista and a Format
Before you go into melt down have you tried system restore? It won't bring
your documents back, but it could 'unscrew' the problems you are having.
Just restore the system back to a time when it was working properly.

1/ Click Start button
2/ Click All Programs followed by Accessories>System Tools and finally
System restore
3/ When system restore opens click the radio button next to the 'choose a
different restore point' and then click Next
4/ A list of available restore points will now appear
5/ Select the restore point you need and then click Next
6/ System restore will now restore your system. 'Do Not' touch the system
while the restore is in progress. Just leave it alone
7/ After a while the system will restart.
8/ If system restore has been successful you will see a message saying 'your
system has successfully been restored.'

If you don't have any system restore points and you 'really' need to
re-install then the following might be of help. Just remember the
'Installing Windows Vista' webpage (below) requires a retail copy of Windows
Vista. If your PC came with recovery disks then check your PC manual or see
how to re-install the operating system.

http://vistasupport.mvps.org/install_windows_vista.htm

http://vistasupport.mvps.org/format_..._vista_dvd.htm

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows - Shell/User

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Maccaro" <Maccaro.34ia21@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I've basically screwed up documents and important stuff so i need help
> reinstalling vista from the dvd, Formatting the hard drive and other
> things any help is much appreciated. My M/B is a ga-p35-ds3l and i cant
> use my keyboard if the shut down is forced it auto chooses. Thanks.
>

> --
> Maccaro

Maccaro

Re: Need Help Reinstalling Vista and a Format

But a problem is that i can't press any key when my computer is booting
up so when it says boot from a cd/dvd i can't. It's a Natural Ergonomic
4000.

--
Maccaro
John Barnett MVP

Re: Need Help Reinstalling Vista and a Format
Had you keyboard been a wireless one I could have understood the problem,
but as it is a wired PS/2 keyboard that makes it strange. The only
suggestion I can make is that you see if you can buy or borrow another PS/2
keyboard and see if that works. Your current keyboard may be faulty, it is
difficult to say. Have you tried unplugging the PS/2 lead from the back of
the PC and then re-inserting it?

"Maccaro" <Maccaro.34jav0@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> But a problem is that i can't press any key when my computer is booting
> up so when it says boot from a cd/dvd i can't. It's a Natural Ergonomic
> 4000.
>

> --
> Maccaro

Mike Hall - MVP

"John Barnett MVP" <freelance@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Had you keyboard been a wireless one I could have understood the problem,
> but as it is a wired PS/2 keyboard that makes it strange. The only
> suggestion I can make is that you see if you can buy or borrow another
> PS/2 keyboard and see if that works. Your current keyboard may be faulty,
> it is difficult to say. Have you tried unplugging the PS/2 lead from the
> back of the PC and then re-inserting it?

> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable
> for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
> of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
> this mail/post..
>
> "Maccaro" <Maccaro.34jav0@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>>
>> But a problem is that i can't press any key when my computer is booting
>> up so when it says boot from a cd/dvd i can't. It's a Natural Ergonomic
>> 4000.
>>

>> --
>> Maccaro

John

The Ergonomic 4000 is USB only..

--
Mike Hall - MVP

John Barnett MVP

Re: Need Help Reinstalling Vista and a Format
Ooops:-) Wrong keyboard.

Never mind the rest of the solution remains the same - buy or borrow a PS/2
keyboard and install using the PS/2 keyboard.

Sorry for the misinformation

"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.com> wrote in message
> "John Barnett MVP" <freelance@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> Had you keyboard been a wireless one I could have understood the problem,
>> but as it is a wired PS/2 keyboard that makes it strange. The only
>> suggestion I can make is that you see if you can buy or borrow another
>> PS/2 keyboard and see if that works. Your current keyboard may be faulty,
>> it is difficult to say. Have you tried unplugging the PS/2 lead from the
>> back of the PC and then re-inserting it?

>> John Barnett MVP
>> Associate Expert
>> Windows - Shell/User
>>
>> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

>> for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
>> of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
>> this mail/post..
>>
>> "Maccaro" <Maccaro.34jav0@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> But a problem is that i can't press any key when my computer is booting
>>> up so when it says boot from a cd/dvd i can't. It's a Natural Ergonomic
>>> 4000.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Maccaro

> John
>
> The Ergonomic 4000 is USB only..
>
> --
> Mike Hall - MVP

Maccaro

Re: Need Help Reinstalling Vista and a Format

Thank you very much for your help.

--
Maccaro
John Barnett MVP

Re: Need Help Reinstalling Vista and a Format
You're Welcome!

This problem also occurs with wireless keyboards. It maybe hat your system
BIOS doesn't support USB in the pre-windows environment. In this case when
you try to boot to DVD you find, as you have, that no keys on your keyboard
work and he mouse doesn't work either. I find I always useful to have an
older PS/2 keyboard and mouse available just in case this problem occurs.
Sadly even my latest PC, which is not quite 3 months old, sometimes has a
mad fit and refuses to allow my wireless keyboard and mouse to work when
booting from the Windows Vista (and XP) CD/DVD. Even though the BIOS accepts
USB. I just have to grit my teeth, swear a lot and then go and find my PS/2
keyboard and mouse:-)