Vista Blue Screen

William

Vista Blue Screen
Finally got it to give me the error information.
1000007E BCCode
FFFFFFFFC0000005 BCP1
FFFFF80001C5E251 BCP2
FFFFF98000CB4E58 BCP3
FFFFF98000CB4830 BCP4

I've been getting the same blue screen as early as attempting to load the
Vista install PE environment from the DVD. Would like some specifics as to
what that is pointing to. Initially, I had a bad stick of RAM. I have since
RMA'd the RAM, and tested the new RAM. I'm not showing any errors with the
new RAM. It does it irregardless of 64 bit mode, or 128 bit mode. It does it,
when I add a second stick of RAM however. One stick = no problems!

Would appreciate some help here. Links to updates, anything??????

System is a
Gigabyte GAM57SLI-S4 Motherboard
HIS Radeon HD2600XT ATI Graphics Card
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Processor
Vista x64 Ultimate Edition
Hitachi SATA 160GB HDD
Lite-on SATA DVD-RW

Seth

Re: Vista Blue Screen
"William" <William@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Finally got it to give me the error information.
> 1000007E BCCode
> FFFFFFFFC0000005 BCP1
> FFFFF80001C5E251 BCP2
> FFFFF98000CB4E58 BCP3
> FFFFF98000CB4830 BCP4
>
> I've been getting the same blue screen as early as attempting to load the
> Vista install PE environment from the DVD. Would like some specifics as to
> what that is pointing to. Initially, I had a bad stick of RAM. I have
> since
> RMA'd the RAM, and tested the new RAM. I'm not showing any errors with the
> new RAM. It does it irregardless of 64 bit mode, or 128 bit mode. It does
> it,
> when I add a second stick of RAM however. One stick = no problems!
>
> Would appreciate some help here. Links to updates, anything??????
>
> System is a
> Gigabyte GAM57SLI-S4 Motherboard
> HIS Radeon HD2600XT ATI Graphics Card
> AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Processor
> Vista x64 Ultimate Edition
> Hitachi SATA 160GB HDD
> Lite-on SATA DVD-RW

You don't list how much RAM is in the system when this happens.

During setup, there should be less than 3.2GB of RAM shown. Once Vista has
been installed, and KB929777 has been installed, then you can increase
beyond that amount.

Mick Murphy

Re: Vista Blue Screen
You post utter crap!

3.2G of RAM is what 32bit vista normally sees out of 4G installed.
And 4g is the MAX for 32bit!

"Seth" wrote:

> "William" <William@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Finally got it to give me the error information.
> > 1000007E BCCode
> > FFFFFFFFC0000005 BCP1
> > FFFFF80001C5E251 BCP2
> > FFFFF98000CB4E58 BCP3
> > FFFFF98000CB4830 BCP4
> >
> > I've been getting the same blue screen as early as attempting to load the
> > Vista install PE environment from the DVD. Would like some specifics as to
> > what that is pointing to. Initially, I had a bad stick of RAM. I have
> > since
> > RMA'd the RAM, and tested the new RAM. I'm not showing any errors with the
> > new RAM. It does it irregardless of 64 bit mode, or 128 bit mode. It does
> > it,
> > when I add a second stick of RAM however. One stick = no problems!
> >
> > Would appreciate some help here. Links to updates, anything??????
> >
> > System is a
> > Gigabyte GAM57SLI-S4 Motherboard
> > HIS Radeon HD2600XT ATI Graphics Card
> > AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Processor
> > Vista x64 Ultimate Edition
> > Hitachi SATA 160GB HDD
> > Lite-on SATA DVD-RW

> You don't list how much RAM is in the system when this happens.
>
> During setup, there should be less than 3.2GB of RAM shown. Once Vista has
> been installed, and KB929777 has been installed, then you can increase
> beyond that amount.

Seth

Re: Vista Blue Screen
> You post utter crap!
>
> 3.2G of RAM is what 32bit vista normally sees out of 4G installed.
> And 4g is the MAX for 32bit!

The Setup routine is 32bit PE.

Yes, once the OS is loaded there should not be memory issues when using the
64bit flavor. But the OP isn't getting to the point where the OS is up and
running.

Yes, the KB article I quoted is specific to the 32bit flavor of Vista,
that's what I get form capricious use of cut-n-paste.

> "Seth" wrote:
>
>> "William" <William@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Finally got it to give me the error information.
>> > 1000007E BCCode
>> > FFFFFFFFC0000005 BCP1
>> > FFFFF80001C5E251 BCP2
>> > FFFFF98000CB4E58 BCP3
>> > FFFFF98000CB4830 BCP4
>> >
>> > I've been getting the same blue screen as early as attempting to load
>> > the
>> > Vista install PE environment from the DVD. Would like some specifics as
>> > what that is pointing to. Initially, I had a bad stick of RAM. I have
>> > since
>> > RMA'd the RAM, and tested the new RAM. I'm not showing any errors with
>> > the
>> > new RAM. It does it irregardless of 64 bit mode, or 128 bit mode. It
>> > does
>> > it,
>> > when I add a second stick of RAM however. One stick = no problems!
>> >
>> > Would appreciate some help here. Links to updates, anything??????
>> >
>> > System is a
>> > Gigabyte GAM57SLI-S4 Motherboard
>> > HIS Radeon HD2600XT ATI Graphics Card
>> > AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Processor
>> > Vista x64 Ultimate Edition
>> > Hitachi SATA 160GB HDD
>> > Lite-on SATA DVD-RW

>> You don't list how much RAM is in the system when this happens.
>>
>> During setup, there should be less than 3.2GB of RAM shown. Once Vista
>> has
>> been installed, and KB929777 has been installed, then you can increase
>> beyond that amount.

John Barnes

Re: Vista Blue Screen
What are you using to test your RAM and how long are you letting it run?
Have you tried running the second stick you add as the only stick?
Can you get into the system and set off automatic restart in system
properties/advanced? You will then get a more useful set of codes for
debugging. Otherwise you will have to go into your mini-dump to find
anything useful. It does really sound like hardware, so make sure when you
add the second stick you add it to the specified slot, as sometimes that
will make a difference.

"William" <William@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Finally got it to give me the error information.
> 1000007E BCCode
> FFFFFFFFC0000005 BCP1
> FFFFF80001C5E251 BCP2
> FFFFF98000CB4E58 BCP3
> FFFFF98000CB4830 BCP4
>
> I've been getting the same blue screen as early as attempting to load the
> Vista install PE environment from the DVD. Would like some specifics as to
> what that is pointing to. Initially, I had a bad stick of RAM. I have
> since
> RMA'd the RAM, and tested the new RAM. I'm not showing any errors with the
> new RAM. It does it irregardless of 64 bit mode, or 128 bit mode. It does
> it,
> when I add a second stick of RAM however. One stick = no problems!
>
> Would appreciate some help here. Links to updates, anything??????
>
> System is a
> Gigabyte GAM57SLI-S4 Motherboard
> HIS Radeon HD2600XT ATI Graphics Card
> AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Processor
> Vista x64 Ultimate Edition
> Hitachi SATA 160GB HDD
> Lite-on SATA DVD-RW

John Lechmanik

Re: Vista Blue Screen
Others have danced around this, but the question is how many gigs of memory
do you have in your system when this happens? If it is 4 megs or more, then
you will crash if you haven't installed the hotfix (like mentioned in other
replies). If this applies, the procedure is....

1. Boot with less than 4 megs
2. If eveything boots fine, install the Hotfix (mentioned in other replies,
but I can get you the link if you need it)
3. Turn off computer
4. Turn back on computer. Should boot fine....

If this isn't your situation, you might try Memtest to test your memory.
This can be installed on a CD, then boot from the CD. It will test your
memory and solve that part of the question.

--
John

To reply direct, remove the REMOVEME in the signature.