Adding Software after Installation

Stephen

Adding Software after Installation
My Vista Install is missing the program "Movie Maker".

Here's my situation. I have a good working Vista installation. However, when
I first installed Vista, my hardware would not run Aero, due to memory and
graphics card limitations. Therefore, I beleve the install setup did not
install "movie maker" because it would not run.

Now that I have upgraded my hardware, how can I add "movie maker" from my
origional Vista DVD?

I have searched and searched and found no way to simply just run setup and
select "movie maker" to be installed.

I am hoping there is something simple I am missing.

Thank you
--
Stephen
Mary

RE: Adding Software after Installation
Movie Maker has nothing to do with Aero and is installed with some editions
of Windows Vista, not as a separate program. Do you have a DVD burner? If you
don't have a dvd recorder drive, that could be the problem. Do a search for
MovieMk.exe and see if it's on your computer. You don't say what version of
Vista you have. Movie Maker comes on Home Premium and Ultimate only. Aero and
Movie Maker are not available on Basic.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ns/choose.mspx

"Stephen" wrote:

> My Vista Install is missing the program "Movie Maker".
>
> Here's my situation. I have a good working Vista installation. However, when
> I first installed Vista, my hardware would not run Aero, due to memory and
> graphics card limitations. Therefore, I beleve the install setup did not
> install "movie maker" because it would not run.
>
> Now that I have upgraded my hardware, how can I add "movie maker" from my
> origional Vista DVD?
>
> I have searched and searched and found no way to simply just run setup and
> select "movie maker" to be installed.
>
> I am hoping there is something simple I am missing.
>
> Thank you
> --
> Stephen

Stephen

RE: Adding Software after Installation
Thank you for responding.

I have Vista Home Premium. I am not sure why it may of been passed over
during the initial installation. However, when I search for the program
either by menu or filename, its not found. I have even searched my inf
directory to no avail.

If I go to windows download, I can only find the new 2.6 version of movie
maker, however, this version will not allow you to import dvr_ms files which
is what i wanted to use the software for anyway. Besides, I should be able to
have the 6.0 version of movie maker that was intended to be a part of Vista
Home Premium.

--
Stephen