CAN I 'REINSTALL VISTA?, I CAN'T REFORMAT WHILE WINDOWS IS ....'

mc

CAN I 'REINSTALL VISTA?, I CAN'T REFORMAT WHILE WINDOWS IS ....'
Hi, can I install Vista over an already active Vista on my system?.

I have followed procedures to the point that the computer told me I can't
reformat whilst windows is running, I figure this is because it can't destroy
itself at the same time as carry out the task of reformatting.

So putting re-formatting aside for the moment, can I just put the Vista CD's
in and expect the CD's to do all the work of reinstalling/reformatting and
the likes?

The computer here came with Vista already on it, frustratingly, however
ready to do I am intending to buy a new vista package as the lame computer
retailer didn't supply me one with the system that I had bought.

Will a new vista package be the winner of the day? computer is slow, very
slow, and all other avenues have been tried to speed her up again.

I am hoping that going out and getting a new vista setup (I have backed up
computer, she is ready to be dealt too!) that I can turn off computer with
the disc in it, turn back on, and expect the CD's to take control, with and
ending of my system fresh back to like it was when I first got it, any help
please.

Thanks.

Mick Murphy

RE: CAN I 'REINSTALL VISTA?, I CAN'T REFORMAT WHILE WINDOWS IS ....'
Hold on a sec!
There are a lot of reasons why your computer is running slow.

How much RAM do you have, and what version of vista?
Are you using Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro as an Anti-virus?
They slow your system down!

You have backed up everything; good.

When you 1st start your computer at power ON, at the bottom of the Screen
you will see a Key to tap to go into Bios or Boot Menu.
Bios would be F8 or Delete Key; boot Menu could be F12, depending on how
your computer was built.

Use the UP and DOWN Arrow Keys to set the CD/DVDDrive as 1st in the boot
order; insert your Disk, Save changes to bios, reboot and follow
instructions.

After reboot it will load files, and you must delete the existing partition
containing the old Vista OS, formatt, and install a new copy of Vista.

Vista comes on a DVD, so you must have made Recovery CDs.

To save you money, contact the comp's manufacturer, and see if you can get
an OEM copy of vista from them for say $20-$40