Problem with Sync Center and Mobile Device Center after upgrade

ScottHarlow

Problem with Sync Center and Mobile Device Center after upgrade
I recently upgraded my computer from Windows Vista Home Basic edition to
Vista Ultimate. Before I did the upgrade Sync Center was able to find my
Dopos 810 smart phone and Mobile Device Center could connect and sync with no
problems. Now when I Open Sync Center my phone is not displayed and everytime
I open Mobile Device Center I get the following error message:

"Windows Mobile Device Center has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop workg correctly. Windows will close
the program and notify you if a solution is available"

Has anyone else had a similar problem and a solution?
Michael McCrea

RE: Problem with Sync Center and Mobile Device Center after upgrade
Yes I have a UTstarcom Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC Phone which worked great
with XP pro and Outlook 2003 to sync mail, contact etc... Now I upgraded to
Vista Business and all it wants to do is synce with my mp3s using windows
media player and i have a 2GB miniSD in the phone. I really hate Vista.... I
am still working on this issue though.
--
Cheers,

Michael

"ScottHarlow" wrote:

> I recently upgraded my computer from Windows Vista Home Basic edition to
> Vista Ultimate. Before I did the upgrade Sync Center was able to find my
> Dopos 810 smart phone and Mobile Device Center could connect and sync with no
> problems. Now when I Open Sync Center my phone is not displayed and everytime
> I open Mobile Device Center I get the following error message:
>
> "Windows Mobile Device Center has stopped working.
> A problem caused the program to stop workg correctly. Windows will close
> the program and notify you if a solution is available"
>
> Has anyone else had a similar problem and a solution?

ScottHarlow

RE: Problem with Sync Center and Mobile Device Center after upgrad
I solved my problem by uninstalling Mobile Device Center and reinstalling it.
Now everything is back to normal.

Hope this works for you.

"Michael McCrea" wrote:

> Yes I have a UTstarcom Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC Phone which worked great
> with XP pro and Outlook 2003 to sync mail, contact etc... Now I upgraded to
> Vista Business and all it wants to do is synce with my mp3s using windows
> media player and i have a 2GB miniSD in the phone. I really hate Vista.... I
> am still working on this issue though.
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Michael
>

> "ScottHarlow" wrote:
>
> > I recently upgraded my computer from Windows Vista Home Basic edition to
> > Vista Ultimate. Before I did the upgrade Sync Center was able to find my
> > Dopos 810 smart phone and Mobile Device Center could connect and sync with no
> > problems. Now when I Open Sync Center my phone is not displayed and everytime
> > I open Mobile Device Center I get the following error message:
> >
> > "Windows Mobile Device Center has stopped working.
> > A problem caused the program to stop workg correctly. Windows will close
> > the program and notify you if a solution is available"
> >
> > Has anyone else had a similar problem and a solution?

Sensey111

RE: Problem with Sync Center and Mobile Device Center after upgrad
Yes, my MDC stopped working after I finally got Vista SP1 to load. I just
did a repair on MDC and it fixed everything. Thanks