How Can I Back Up My Drivers in Vista Home Premium

Darth_Momm

How Can I Back Up My Drivers in Vista Home Premium
Must I upgrade to Ultimate, or is there a way to back up my drivers?
Thanks,
deirdre
Kevin

Re: How Can I Back Up My Drivers in Vista Home Premium

"Darth_Momm" <Darth_Momm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Must I upgrade to Ultimate, or is there a way to back up my drivers?
> Thanks,
> deirdre

You don't mention what make of machine you are talking about but . . .
You should have a disk with drivers on it. Failing that, you can download
drivers from the website of your machine's manufacturer or from the
individual websites of the makers of the hardware components of the
computer. Download and save these drivers and burn them to a CD or copy
them to a flash drive.

romanom

RE: How Can I Back Up My Drivers in Vista Home Premium
Freeware that can backup all drivers on a system to a zip file. It works,
saved my bacon on one occassion.

http://www.innovative-sol.com/drivermax/index.htm

"Darth_Momm" wrote:

> Must I upgrade to Ultimate, or is there a way to back up my drivers?
> Thanks,
> deirdre

AmyZ

Re: How Can I Back Up My Drivers in Vista Home Premium
I have a Dell and I am having the same problem. My computer will not
recognize the disk or the flash drive. Some from Dell suggested that Memorex
High Speed CD-RW are not compatable with vista. I am using home premium.
Have you ever heard of such a thing?

"Kevin" wrote:

> "Darth_Momm" <Darth_Momm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Must I upgrade to Ultimate, or is there a way to back up my drivers?
> > Thanks,
> > deirdre

> You don't mention what make of machine you are talking about but . . .
> You should have a disk with drivers on it. Failing that, you can download
> drivers from the website of your machine's manufacturer or from the
> individual websites of the makers of the hardware components of the
> computer. Download and save these drivers and burn them to a CD or copy
> them to a flash drive.

Sarah White

Re: How Can I Back Up My Drivers in Vista Home Premium
If you can't backup using floppy, writable CD, or USB flash memory
stick, perhaps you could search for updated drivers and if the new
versions install correctly, simply write down the website address for
the manufacturer's "Support & downloads" or similar section.