hello

texasbaird

hello
We got a new computer yesterday and so far not bad as far as setting up. The
only problem I'm having which is taking hours to work on is that I use
Incredimail. On my old computer,XP as with Vista we each have our own desktop
(5 in the family) and we each have our own email account with charter, our
high speed internet provider, With Incredimail it's just a service I guess
the best way to describe it. It pulls the emails off charter and gives it to
us by sync up. I don't know if I'm using the right terminology but hopefully
you get the idea.
Anyway. I went to Incredimail and downloaded from their site and we each
have our own icons. On mine, it 's pretty much fine, I can get it and receive
and send emails but the other 4 users cannot. I get this message all the
time. Incredimail installtion is not complete you must reboot your computer
before using Incredimail. I've rebooted at least half dozen times and at
least 3 times I've unistalled and reinstalled the program. I've called
charter and spoke with a young man who says he just got Vista and he had some
of the same problems (not necessarily with Incredimail) but only the
administrator can use the programs and not any other users. My question is
how can I get this program to work with all users?
This is what I've tried.. I've tried to set them all as administrators and
that only makes them get my emails not theirs. I've gone to control panel and
users accounts to turn User Acct Control off. I don't know why I thought that
might help.
Anyway any suggestions?
PC Medic

Re: hello
"texasbaird" <texasbaird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We got a new computer yesterday and so far not bad as far as setting up.
> The
> only problem I'm having which is taking hours to work on is that I use
> Incredimail. On my old computer,XP as with Vista we each have our own
> desktop
> (5 in the family) and we each have our own email account with charter, our
> high speed internet provider, With Incredimail it's just a service I guess
> the best way to describe it. It pulls the emails off charter and gives it
> us by sync up. I don't know if I'm using the right terminology but
> hopefully
> you get the idea.
> Anyway. I went to Incredimail and downloaded from their site and we each
> have our own icons. On mine, it 's pretty much fine, I can get it and
> receive
> and send emails but the other 4 users cannot. I get this message all the
> time. Incredimail installtion is not complete you must reboot your
> computer
> before using Incredimail. I've rebooted at least half dozen times and at
> least 3 times I've unistalled and reinstalled the program. I've called
> charter and spoke with a young man who says he just got Vista and he had
> some
> of the same problems (not necessarily with Incredimail) but only the
> administrator can use the programs and not any other users. My question is
> how can I get this program to work with all users?
> This is what I've tried.. I've tried to set them all as administrators and
> that only makes them get my emails not theirs. I've gone to control panel
> and
> users accounts to turn User Acct Control off. I don't know why I thought
> that
> might help.
> Anyway any suggestions?

While I understand it works under one account and not the others, the first
questions I would have to ask are....

Is this a Windows Vista 32bit or Windows Vista 64bit installation?
I think Incredimail only works with the 32bit version.

Also have you downloaded the Vista Version of Incredimail?
Available here
http://www.incredimail.com/incredima...=263&lang_id=9

Beyond that I would think a permissions issue of some sort.
Have you tried installing while actually logged in as one of the other
users?

PC Medic

..

texasbaird

Re: hello

"PC Medic" wrote:

> [...]

> ..
> Thank you so much for your reply, yes I did install the Vista version with incredimail and I have a 32 bit installation. What I have tried is gosh I hope I can explain... While having it on my desktop and working fine I've tried by going to their site(incredimail) and switching users and tried upgrading link to see if that worked any better. What I haven't tried is forget installation on administrator and just try installation on standard user,including myself as standard user (one as administrator and one as standard user). Maybe I could try that, but instinct is telling me it's not going to work. But my instincts have been wrong before.
> I have a post at incredimail but they take forever to get back to me and when they do it's always a huh? They always give an answer that is different than the question.

On the old computer we had XP and had it working fine, easy to use and not a
problem. I'm thinking it's a vista issue. I just had a thought. I know we had
to do something like POP3. Charter.pop.charter? something like that. I don't
remember getting anything like this on this installation. How do I check that?

texasbaird

Re: hello
Yes I have installed the Vista version. My computer is 32 bits.
What I have tried is... knowing that Incredimail is on my desktop as well as
all family members, I have gone into lets say my husband desktop and gone to
Incredimails site and have tried installing the upgrade thinking that might
make a difference, it didn't.. same old message.What I haven't tried is...
unistalling it..then installing it under a different user,other than
administrator, I still have everyone under administrator, I didn't switch
that back yet. On our old computer we had XP.. I never had any problems under
different users. Worked Great, so that's why I think I might be missing a
step with Vista. One thing I thought of is I remember when setting up for
incredimail I had to answer (not on this machine) a question like POP3 and
something to do with Charter. Nothing like that has come up with this
installation. Does that make any sense? If so, how do I check that?
I did go to Incredimail and posted a question about this but they do not
answer quickly and when they do, it's a huh? They never really answer the
question but maybe they will this time. I can't imagine I would be the only
one with a vista machine and the only one where other users can't use it.
Thank you for helping me.

"PC Medic" wrote:

> "texasbaird" <texasbaird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We got a new computer yesterday and so far not bad as far as setting up.
> > The
> > only problem I'm having which is taking hours to work on is that I use
> > Incredimail. On my old computer,XP as with Vista we each have our own
> > desktop
> > (5 in the family) and we each have our own email account with charter, our
> > high speed internet provider, With Incredimail it's just a service I guess
> > the best way to describe it. It pulls the emails off charter and gives it
> > us by sync up. I don't know if I'm using the right terminology but
> > hopefully
> > you get the idea.
> > Anyway. I went to Incredimail and downloaded from their site and we each
> > have our own icons. On mine, it 's pretty much fine, I can get it and
> > receive
> > and send emails but the other 4 users cannot. I get this message all the
> > time. Incredimail installtion is not complete you must reboot your
> > computer
> > before using Incredimail. I've rebooted at least half dozen times and at
> > least 3 times I've unistalled and reinstalled the program. I've called
> > charter and spoke with a young man who says he just got Vista and he had
> > some
> > of the same problems (not necessarily with Incredimail) but only the
> > administrator can use the programs and not any other users. My question is
> > how can I get this program to work with all users?
> > This is what I've tried.. I've tried to set them all as administrators and
> > that only makes them get my emails not theirs. I've gone to control panel
> > and
> > users accounts to turn User Acct Control off. I don't know why I thought
> > that
> > might help.
> > Anyway any suggestions?

> While I understand it works under one account and not the others, the first
> questions I would have to ask are....
>
> Is this a Windows Vista 32bit or Windows Vista 64bit installation?
> I think Incredimail only works with the 32bit version.
>
> Also have you downloaded the Vista Version of Incredimail?
> Available here
> http://www.incredimail.com/incredima...=263&lang_id=9
>
> Beyond that I would think a permissions issue of some sort.
> Have you tried installing while actually logged in as one of the other
> users?
>
> PC Medic
>

> ..

Mick Murphy

Re: hello
Have you tried making it the default email program in their accounts?

"texasbaird" wrote:

> [...]
> > > that only makes them get my emails not theirs. I've gone to control panel
> > > and
> > > users accounts to turn User Acct Control off. I don't know why I thought
> > > that
> > > might help.
> > > Anyway any suggestions?

> > While I understand it works under one account and not the others, the first
> > questions I would have to ask are....
> >
> > Is this a Windows Vista 32bit or Windows Vista 64bit installation?
> > I think Incredimail only works with the 32bit version.
> >
> > Also have you downloaded the Vista Version of Incredimail?
> > Available here
> > http://www.incredimail.com/incredima...=263&lang_id=9
> >
> > Beyond that I would think a permissions issue of some sort.
> > Have you tried installing while actually logged in as one of the other

texasbaird

Re: hello
No how do I do that? Thank you