unable to open a program

danroth

unable to open a program
Having downloaded Ulead Video Studio 11 Plus (Vista
compatible,trial/evaluation version) direct from Corel’s site,saved on a
directory,installed, and then trying to open that program, I cannot do it.
Does not react at all. UAC is activated ()asking me permision tu continue,AV
desactivated during installation,reboot many times.
Repeating downloading (from same source as well as from other source as
BitTorrent), uninstalling the previous installed one - as per “cleaning”
procedure I saw in Corel's forum - then re-installing the software, same
result.
Running as Administrator and adjusting firewall settings accordingly, same
result, cannot open the program neither by double-clinking icon on
desktop/Start Program nor exe file.
Note:
1)There is another Ulead software (licensed),named “Ulead DVD MovieFactory
for Toshiba” allready installed, working perfectly.
2)I’m using a Notebook Toshiba Satellite P200-10C, Vista Home Premium as OS,
Intel Core(2) duo T7200, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600, Intel 945, Realtek High
Definition Audio, dual HDD 125GB each, 2046MB memory, integrated webcam.
3)Try to install UVS 11 Plus downloaded from a BitTorrent tracker(after
cleaning as above) and a message occurs : “The security information is
invalid or has been modified”. Cannot open the program, so I uninstalled it.

There might be a problem specific to Vista security policy or just something
specific to UVS when working on Vista?
Have I poor knowledge to handle Vista or UVS ?
How to locate the problemn my side as knowledge,on particular Vista
security settings/restrictions or Ulead program ?
Have posted same question on Corel' forum but no body get me an answer by now.
I'll due to anybody who might assist me, thanks in advance

verynewuser

Re: unable to open a program

right click on,
C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead VideoStudio 11\vstudio

go to properties
set it to be compatible with Windows XP SP2 and set to run as
Administrator

hope this helps !!

--
verynewuser
Eugene Castleberry

Re: unable to open a program

Can't help you. My install went smoothly and seems to work without any
tinkering. My problem is that I don't know how to use Video Studio. If
there is a tutorial, I have not found it and the pocket user guide has
not made video editing and DVD authoring easy like it claims. My visits
to the local Barnes and Noble Bookstore did not turn up any User Guides.
Any one know of any way to learn to use Video Studio without spending a
a life time of trial and error or a fortune?

--
Eugene Castleberry
Colin Barnhorst

Re: unable to open a program
You do know that you are responding to an old posting which is not showing
up at all in this newsgroup? We have no clue what you are answering.

"Eugene Castleberry" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Can't help you. My install went smoothly and seems to work without any
> tinkering. My problem is that I don't know how to use Video Studio. If
> there is a tutorial, I have not found it and the pocket user guide has
> not made video editing and DVD authoring easy like it claims. My visits
> to the local Barnes and Noble Bookstore did not turn up any User Guides.
> Any one know of any way to learn to use Video Studio without spending a
> a life time of trial and error or a fortune?
>

> --
> Eugene Castleberry

Nonny

Re: unable to open a program
Eugene Castleberry <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Can't help you.

You're right... MAINLY because the person your are replying to hasn't
been back since posting on APRIL 15TH.