Remove one Vista on two Vista machine or change system partition?

Rod

Remove one Vista on two Vista machine or change system partition?
I have Vista 32 and Vista 64 with dual boot. Raid 0. No XP is installed.

I would like remove vista 32 and just keep Vista 64 so i reclaim disk space,
etc. Or i would simply like to make Vista 64 the primary, system partition.

The Vista 32 (d is the system, primary partition and Vista 64 (c is on a
Logical partition.

How do i remove Vista 32 and make Vista 64 the system partition without
messing up the boot process?

Or does anyone know how to make the Vista 64 the system, primary partition?

Thanks!

Rod
AJR

Re: Remove one Vista on two Vista machine or change system partition?
Rod - To begin with - check via Disk Management the actual status of "C" -
an OS cannot be installed on a "logical" drive - most likely "C" will be
designated something like "boot, paging file, active, primary" partition.

Using bcdedit, Vista;s boot manager, or a third party utility such as
VistaBootPro may provide the solution.

"Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista 32 and Vista 64 with dual boot. Raid 0. No XP is installed.
>
> I would like remove vista 32 and just keep Vista 64 so i reclaim disk
> space,
> etc. Or i would simply like to make Vista 64 the primary, system
> partition.
>
> The Vista 32 (d is the system, primary partition and Vista 64 (c is on
> Logical partition.
>
> How do i remove Vista 32 and make Vista 64 the system partition without
> messing up the boot process?
>
> Or does anyone know how to make the Vista 64 the system, primary
> partition?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rod

Rod

Re: Remove one Vista on two Vista machine or change system partiti
Thanks AJR.
in Disk Mgmt the status of c: (vista 64) states: Simple, basic, ntfs,
healthy, boot, page file, crash drump, local drive. And the color coding
indicates its a logical drive.

and d: (vista 32) states: system, active, and primary.

I've used Vista Boot Manager, it wont be useful here.

Any ideas?

"AJR" wrote:

> Rod - To begin with - check via Disk Management the actual status of "C" -
> an OS cannot be installed on a "logical" drive - most likely "C" will be
> designated something like "boot, paging file, active, primary" partition.
>
> Using bcdedit, Vista;s boot manager, or a third party utility such as
> VistaBootPro may provide the solution.
>

> "Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Vista 32 and Vista 64 with dual boot. Raid 0. No XP is installed.
> >
> > I would like remove vista 32 and just keep Vista 64 so i reclaim disk
> > space,
> > etc. Or i would simply like to make Vista 64 the primary, system
> > partition.
> >
> > The Vista 32 (d is the system, primary partition and Vista 64 (c is on
> > Logical partition.
> >
> > How do i remove Vista 32 and make Vista 64 the system partition without
> > messing up the boot process?
> >
> > Or does anyone know how to make the Vista 64 the system, primary
> > partition?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Rod

Rod

"AJR" wrote:

> Rod - To begin with - check via Disk Management the actual status of "C" -
> an OS cannot be installed on a "logical" drive - most likely "C" will be
> designated something like "boot, paging file, active, primary" partition.
>
> Using bcdedit, Vista;s boot manager, or a third party utility such as
> VistaBootPro may provide the solution.
>

> "Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Vista 32 and Vista 64 with dual boot. Raid 0. No XP is installed.
> >
> > I would like remove vista 32 and just keep Vista 64 so i reclaim disk
> > space,
> > etc. Or i would simply like to make Vista 64 the primary, system
> > partition.
> >
> > The Vista 32 (d is the system, primary partition and Vista 64 (c is on
> > Logical partition.
> >
> > How do i remove Vista 32 and make Vista 64 the system partition without
> > messing up the boot process?
> >
> > Or does anyone know how to make the Vista 64 the system, primary
> > partition?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Rod

Andy

Re: Remove one Vista on two Vista machine or change system partition?
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 08:02:00 -0800, Rod
<Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have Vista 32 and Vista 64 with dual boot. Raid 0. No XP is installed.
>
>I would like remove vista 32 and just keep Vista 64 so i reclaim disk space,
>etc. Or i would simply like to make Vista 64 the primary, system partition.

It can be done, but not simply.

>The Vista 32 (d is the system, primary partition and Vista 64 (c is on a
>Logical partition.
>
>How do i remove Vista 32 and make Vista 64 the system partition without
>messing up the boot process?
>
>Or does anyone know how to make the Vista 64 the system, primary partition?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Rod

bigboban

Re: Remove one Vista on two Vista machine or change system partition?

Hi, i have _exactly__the same problem!

I have HDD0 with Vista 32b, this partition is marked as SYSTEM, ...
On second HDD1 i have Vista 64b, this partition is marked as BOOT, PAGE
FILE, ...

How can i change *System *partition? Vista boot CD doesn't solve this,
because tool for fixing boot doesn't find any system on HDD1!

:cry:

Please help!

--
bigboban