Installation Vista across Raid5

Lubomir

Installation Vista across Raid5
Hi,
I have 4GB RAM, Intel Q6600, 3xHD in RAID 5 and installed 32-bit Windows XP
SP2. I tried some times to upgrade this to 32-bit Vista across this RAID5 but
without success. Upgrade already crashed in the last step "Complet upgrade",
PC was restarted and upgrade was rolled back to Windows XP. Can me sombody
tell why?
philo

Re: Installation Vista across Raid5

"Lubomir" <Lubomir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have 4GB RAM, Intel Q6600, 3xHD in RAID 5 and installed 32-bit Windows

XP
> SP2. I tried some times to upgrade this to 32-bit Vista across this RAID5

but
> without success. Upgrade already crashed in the last step "Complet

upgrade",
> PC was restarted and upgrade was rolled back to Windows XP. Can me sombody
> tell why?

You probably need to install the Vista drivers for your RAID card at the
beginning of the upgrade.
If no Vista drivers are avail...no sense in trying an upgrade

Lubomir

"philo" wrote:

> "Lubomir" <Lubomir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have 4GB RAM, Intel Q6600, 3xHD in RAID 5 and installed 32-bit Windows

> XP
> > SP2. I tried some times to upgrade this to 32-bit Vista across this RAID5

> but
> > without success. Upgrade already crashed in the last step "Complet

> upgrade",
> > PC was restarted and upgrade was rolled back to Windows XP. Can me sombody
> > tell why?

> You probably need to install the Vista drivers for your RAID card at the
> beginning of the upgrade.
> If no Vista drivers are avail...no sense in trying an upgrade

My RAID is integrated on the MB Gigabyte and the driver for this MB is the
same for Win Xp and Vista...

> "philo" wrote:
>

> > "Lubomir" <Lubomir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > I have 4GB RAM, Intel Q6600, 3xHD in RAID 5 and installed 32-bit

Windows
> > XP
> > > SP2. I tried some times to upgrade this to 32-bit Vista across this

RAID5
> > but
> > > without success. Upgrade already crashed in the last step "Complet

> > upgrade",
> > > PC was restarted and upgrade was rolled back to Windows XP. Can me

sombody
> > > tell why?

> > You probably need to install the Vista drivers for your RAID card at the
> > beginning of the upgrade.
> > If no Vista drivers are avail...no sense in trying an upgrade

> My RAID is integrated on the MB Gigabyte and the driver for this MB is the
> same for Win Xp and Vista...

Well I'd still load it at the beginning..it cannot hurt to try...
it may not be getting it from your XP installation

Lubomir

"philo" wrote:

> "Lubomir" <Lubomir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "philo" wrote:
> >

> > > "Lubomir" <Lubomir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Windows
> > > XP

> RAID5
> > > but
> > > upgrade",

> sombody
> > >

> > > You probably need to install the Vista drivers for your RAID card at the
> > > beginning of the upgrade.
> > > If no Vista drivers are avail...no sense in trying an upgrade

> > My RAID is integrated on the MB Gigabyte and the driver for this MB is the
> > same for Win Xp and Vista...
> > >

> Well I'd still load it at the beginning..it cannot hurt to try...
> it may not be getting it from your XP installation
>
> How can I try it, when Vista upgrade don┬┤t get me this possibility. I can choose another drive only with the clean installation...

philo

Re: Installation Vista across Raid5

<snip>

the

> > > My RAID is integrated on the MB Gigabyte and the driver for this MB is

the
> > > same for Win Xp and Vista...
> > > >

> > Well I'd still load it at the beginning..it cannot hurt to try...
> > it may not be getting it from your XP installation
> >
> > How can I try it, when Vista upgrade don┤t get me this possibility. I

can choose another drive only with the clean installation...

I never tried a Vista upgrade...but was afraid there would be no such
option.

To tell the truth I'd probably stay with XP